Noun(1) the part of the day between noon and evening(2) a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
(1) I'll be back at three in the afternoon(2) It will be the highlight of an afternoon of fun and activity in the town centre.(3) the following afternoon(4) on one afternoon last July(5) at three o'clock in the afternoon(6) summer afternoon(7) I was a regular at the Saturday afternoon 'rush', which was the matinee for which we invariably queued up with ill-concealed impatience, then pushed and shoved our way forward when the doors were finally opened, paying our tuppence before dashing to grab a seat as near the front as possible.(8) Rain came on in the afternoon and in the evening the downpour increased.(9) he'll be here this afternoon(10) an afternoon walk(11) This afternoon 's events unfolded so quickly that it was difficult to fully comprehend.(12) Trains running along the busy railway line were halted during the afternoon and evening.(13) Summer is here with hot, humid days and regular afternoon storms.(14) Facilities on the complex include a swimming pool, pool side bar and supermarket. The property also enjoys afternoon sunshine.(15) He loved to spend an afternoon or evening exchanging jokes and stories over a long game of cards.(16) This afternoon we have bought a new sofa, a dining table and six chairs and a sideboard!
(1) after noon :: మధ్యాహ్నం
(2) in the afternoon :: మధ్యాహ్నం
(3) this afternoon :: ఈ మధ్యాహ్నం
(4) yesterday afternoon :: నిన్న మధ్యాహ్నం
(5) tomorrow afternoon :: రేపు మధ్యాహ్నం
(6) the afternoon :: మధ్యాహ్నం
(7) late afternoon :: మద్యాహ్నం తరువాత
(8) early afternoon :: ప్రారంభ మధ్యాహ్నం
(9) afternoon tea :: మధ్యాహ్నపు తేనీరు
(10) afternoon snack :: మధ్యాహ్నం అల్పాహారం
1. good afternoon ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Good AFTERNOON and welcome
to today's Physics Bowl practice round.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
So then, during my AFTERNOON shift,
I spilled an entire tray of drinks on myself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
Good AFTERNOON, Lord Tyrion. I was
trying on a gown for Jeffrey's wedding.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Can I interest you
in an AFTERNOON of spirited questing...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
Sunday AFTERNOON, maybe?
You know, nothing too big.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
English to Telugu Dictionary: afternoon
Meaning and definitions of afternoon, translation in Telugu language for afternoon with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of afternoon in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "afternoon"
What afternoon means in Telugu, afternoon meaning in Telugu, afternoon definition, examples and pronunciation of afternoon in Telugu language.