Preposition(1) in opposition to.(2) in anticipation of and preparation for (a problem or difficulty).(3) in conceptual contrast to.(4) in or into physical contact with (something), typically so as to be supported by or collide with it.
(1) the odds were 5├ö├ç├┤1 against Pittsburgh(2) But the pub is appealing against the decision and is allowed to continue trading in the meantime.(3) With the cirrus they created a faint lattice of white against light blue.(4) The door was slammed hard against the wall, sending it rocking on its hinges.(5) He has already won 21 races and few would bet against that number increasing in the season to come.(6) Not only will they be unable to use parasols for protection against the sun, they will not be allowed to take in food or drink.(7) She banged her head lightly against the wall and heard the ringing noise of metal.(8) If the player does not wish to bet against the second card, a third card can be called for at the same price.(9) he hit his head against the door(10) Those who ignore the zone can be reported to trading standards officers who might take legal action against them.(11) he was silhouetted against the light of the stair window(12) This has to be weighed against the cost of redeeming early and the fees that often accompany taking out a new deal.(13) they won three matches as against our two(14) We will not tolerate abuse of staff who are simply trying to do their job and we will take legal action against residents who do this.(15) It is one of the various small ways in which the public can fight back against the people who are undermining their quality of life.(16) against medical advice
(1) against all odds :: అన్ని అసమానత వ్యతిరేకంగా
(2) rise against :: వ్యతిరేకంగా ఎదుగు
(3) against the law :: చట్టానికి వ్యతిరేకంగా
(4) go against :: వ్యతిరేకంగా వెళ్ళి
(5) against the grain :: ధాన్యం వ్యతిరేకంగా
(6) fight against :: వ్యతిరేకంగా పోరాడటానికి
(7) turn against :: వ్యతిరేకంగా తిరుగులేని
(8) guard against :: వ్యతిరేకంగా గార్డు
(9) compete against :: పోటీగా
(10) come up against :: వ్యతిరేకించండి
1. opposed to ::
2. in opposition to ::
3. disadvantageous to ::
4. touching ::
1. for ::
2. pro ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and sworn to take revenge AGAINST you.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Howard's allergic to peanuts.
How can I use that AGAINST him?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
Oh, really? Wow. Blink twice
if you're here AGAINST your will.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
Without Doran, we have no army
to march AGAINST the Lannisters.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
The king has ordered me to take no action
AGAINST the High Sparrow or the Faith Militant
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
English to Telugu Dictionary: against
Meaning and definitions of against, translation in Telugu language for against with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of against in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "against"
What against means in Telugu, against meaning in Telugu, against definition, examples and pronunciation of against in Telugu language.