Adverb(1) (of actions or states, just
(1) Rachel laughed, almost apologetically(2) Some of the lads have come and gone, but we've got a hard core who almost always turn up.(3) They now have to spend almost as much time at the station as they do out on the streets.(4) the storm was almost upon them(5) To our west, the great sheet of ice that stretched before us was almost too much to take in.(6) it almost doubled last year(7) the place was almost empty(8) It was found almost one in five workers lost at least an hour at work a week because of delays.(9) I almost forgot(10) Add it all up and in almost every city in the UK it is now cheaper to rent than to buy.(11) it's almost over(12) There was almost a sense that if we did not say the word the problem would go away.(13) he almost knocked Georgina over(14) By the time my reply was ready to send back almost an hour had passed and it was midnight.(15) it was almost all there(16) he almost dropped the bottle
(1) almost never :: దాదాపు ఎప్పుడూ కాదు
(2) almost done :: దాదాపుగా అయిపోయింది
(3) almost all :: దాదాపు అన్ని
(4) almost everything :: దాదాపు ప్రతిదీ
(5) almost finished :: దాదాపు పూర్తి
(6) almost everyone :: దాదాపు అందరు
(7) almost finish :: దాదాపు పూర్తి
(8) almost dead :: దాదాపు చనిపోయిన
(9) almost gone :: దాదాపు పోయింది
(10) almost time :: దాదాపు సమయం
1. nearly ::
3. more or less ::
ఎక్కువ లేదా తక్కువ
4. practically ::
5. virtually ::
6. all but ::
7. as good as ::
8. close to ::
9. near ::
10. not quite ::
11. roughly ::
12. not far from ::
15. bordering on ::
16. verging on ::
17. pretty near ::
18. pretty nearly ::
19. pretty much ::
20. pretty well ::
21. well-nigh ::
22. nigh on ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And he ALMOST made it to the top
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
to the ground.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 9
lt ALMOST beggars belief.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
Almost as much as
you Lannisters with your debts.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
seems like, ALMOST,
the worst bit of torture
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: almost
Meaning and definitions of almost, translation in Telugu language for almost with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of almost in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "almost"
What almost means in Telugu, almost meaning in Telugu, almost definition, examples and pronunciation of almost in Telugu language.