Noun(1) a document listing the alternatives that is used in voting(2) a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative
Verb(1) vote by ballot
(1) The union will ballot its nearly 500 members at First Bus on the offer.(2) A person's membership may be revoked for cause, other than nonpayment of dues, by a two-thirds vote by ballot of the Board of Directors.(3) The turnout from the ballot was reported to be extremely high, possibly up to 80%, with a result due on Friday.(4) The drivers' union ASLEF is preparing to ballot its members for a 48-hour strike.(5) Morales garnered 21 percent of the ballot to place a surprise second in the presidential race.(6) Instead, his vote dropped by over a million votes and in the first round of voting he gained just 34.9 percent of the ballot .(7) There was a low turnout in the ballot with just 30 percent of teachers voting.(8) While out of office, he campaigned for further reforms, including vote by ballot , household suffrage, and triennial parliaments, embarrassing the Whig ministers.(9) After all the videos were played (All were really great!) the crowd voted by ballot .(10) a ballot decides which investors will be successful in buying the stock(11) Of the 16,000 workers who participated in the ballot , 84.4 percent voted in favor of strike action.(12) In fact the ballot saw 57 per cent of tenants turn out to vote with 76 per cent voting ├ö├ç├┐yes├ö├ç├û to the move.(13) They voted unanimously to ballot to strike in defence of educational provision in the borough.(14) The National Union of Journalists is preparing to ballot its members over a cull of staff at Express Newspapers that could see up to 13 jobs lost in Scotland.(15) The GMB union had threatened to ballot its 2,000 members at Warrington, Cheshire and Aylesford in Kent in a row over contracts of employment.(16) The election will be a postal ballot , with voting papers going out from 4 October.
(1) ballot box :: వోట్లు వేసే డబ్బా
(2) secret ballot :: రహస్య ఓటు పద్ధతి
(3) ballot paper :: బ్యాలెట్ పేపర్
(4) absentee ballot :: ఇతనికి బ్యాలెట్
1. vote ::
2. poll ::
3. election ::
4. referendum ::
5. plebiscite ::
6. show of hands ::
ballot, balloted, balloting, ballots
English to Telugu Dictionary: ballot
Meaning and definitions of ballot, translation in Telugu language for ballot with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ballot in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ballot"
What ballot means in Telugu, ballot meaning in Telugu, ballot definition, examples and pronunciation of ballot in Telugu language.