Noun(1) a middle way between two extremes(2) an accommodation in which both sides make concessions
Verb(1) make a compromise; arrive at a compromise(2) settle by concession(3) expose or make liable to danger, suspicion, or disrepute
(1) He said that it appeared likelier that the two sides would reach a compromise on the unresolved matters.(2) I knew precisely what I was looking for and had just about reached the stage where I was about to compromise and settle for something I wasn't all that keen on.(3) Nothing is as simple as turning on and off a light, and thus Cure and Se7en offer a bad compromise between impossible alternatives.(4) last month's leak of source code will not compromise your IT security(5) We simply cannot compromise on policy anymore.(6) Even in this year, films that refuse to compromise have been made.(7) he won't accept any decisions which compromise his principles(8) a compromise between the freedom of the individual and the need to ensure orderly government(9) A rash of other private initiatives will compromise government control of space programs in the near future.(10) After the Boston Tea Party in 1774, however, his willingness to compromise vanished.(11) yo-yo dieting can compromise your immune system(12) Surely with a little flexibility on both sides, it should be possible to reach an acceptable compromise .(13) We cannot accept peace if we are to compromise on our sovereignty, on our freedom.(14) eventually they reached a compromise(15) However, the new Assembly bill is a compromise between these two extremes and offers an opportunity for real progress.(16) The president urged the parties to compromise for the sake of stability.
(1) to compromise :: రాజి చేసుకొనుట
(2) no compromise :: ఏ రాజీ
(3) without compromise :: రాజీ లేకుండా
(4) reach a compromise :: ఒక రాజీ చేరుకోవడానికి
(5) strike a compromise :: ఒక రాజీ సమ్మె
1. agreement ::
3. via media ::
4. meet each other halfway ::
ప్రతి ఇతర సగం కలిసే
5. undermine ::
compromise, compromised, compromises
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...the result of extensive debate
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
Look who's in favor of COMPROMISE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
How about we COMPROMISE and go
on the Small World ride at Disneyland?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
...in the fibers of the meat
that can COMPROMISE its taste and texture.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
Compromise. Watch Babylon 5.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: compromise
Meaning and definitions of compromise, translation in Telugu language for compromise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of compromise in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "compromise"
What compromise means in Telugu, compromise meaning in Telugu, compromise definition, examples and pronunciation of compromise in Telugu language.