Verb(1) command with authority(2) intend (something(3) guide the actors in (plays and films(4) be in charge of(5) take somebody somewhere(6) cause to go somewhere(7) point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment(8) lead, as in the performance of a composition(9) give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction(10) specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public(11) direct the course; determine the direction of travelling(12) put an address on (an envelope(13) plan and direct (a complex undertaking
Adjective(1) direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short(2) having no intervening persons, agents, conditions(3) straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action(4) in a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child(5) moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth(6) similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity, or decreases, or decreases(7) (of a current(8) being an immediate result or consequence(9) in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker(10) lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact
Adverb(1) without deviation
(1) the other road is more direct(2) Both were direct progeny of that parent, and one of these inbreds had additional backcrossing to that parent in its pedigree.(3) She was the last direct descendant to own the house before Stenton was given to the city of Philadelphia in 1909.(4) Redford then went on to direct what would turn out to be one of my all-time favorite movies.(5) In direct contrast to a year before, holly berries were almost completely absent now, possibly because of the wet season.(6) The completion of Secunderabad-Mudkhed project will provide an alternative shorter direct route to Mumbai.(7) But with direct and cheap flights to all manner of more ├ö├ç├┐civilised├ö├ç├û countries, I am sure they will not be stuck.(8) A lot of the things that you'll see in Chill Factor were a direct result of my efforts.(9) they took a direct hit(10) He is direct in confronting over-negative perspectives.(11) But, at the same time, he is a sincere and direct person, who doesn't fear saying what he thinks.(12) I also think that the mayor is in direct contrast to the president.(13) you can deal direct with the agent(14) it's a direct payment(15) However, from November 1, the airline will offer direct nonstop flights from MalÔö£┬« to Heathrow on Mondays and Fridays.(16) His flaw was his indispensable virtue: he was direct and candid in telling the unvarnished truth.
(1) to direct :: దర్శకత్వం
(2) direct object :: ప్రత్యక్ష వస్తువు
(3) direct current :: ప్రత్యక్ష ప్రస్తుత
(4) direct debit :: నేరుగా జమ
(5) direct flight :: ప్రత్యక్ష విమాన
(6) direct deposit :: ప్రత్యక్ష డిపాజిట్
(7) direct marketing :: ప్రత్యక్ష మార్కెటింగ్
(8) direct mail :: ప్రత్యక్ష మెయిల్
(9) direct speech :: ప్రత్యక్ష ప్రసంగం
1. straight ::
2. nonstop ::
3. frank ::
5. verbatim ::
6. exact ::
7. lineal ::
8. unmediated ::
9. directly ::
10. manage ::
11. aim at ::
12. give directions ::
దారి చూపడం, మార్గ నిర్దేశం
13. instruct ::
14. conduct ::
15. send ::
16. address ::
17. guide ::
18. take ::
19. calculate ::
20. target ::
21. engineer ::
1. mind ::
2. obey ::
direct, directed, directer, directest, directing, directness, directs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's a DIRECT violation
of park protocol.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
How may I DIRECT your call?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
It's a DIRECT order
from General Salas Núñez.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
neither DIRECT, thus
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
It’s a DIRECT order
from superintendent Sánchez.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Telugu Dictionary: direct
Meaning and definitions of direct, translation in Telugu language for direct with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of direct in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "direct"
What direct means in Telugu, direct meaning in Telugu, direct definition, examples and pronunciation of direct in Telugu language.