Adjective(1) separated in space or coming from or going to a distance(2) far apart in relevance or relationship or kinship, or remote(3) remote in manner(4) separate or apart in time(5) located far away spatially
(1) The result is a series of distant , icy meditations on life and living; impossibly remote and unhealthily introspective.(2) The cousins were distant (what we call in Scotland ├ö├ç├┐out-cousins├ö├ç├û) and monied and rather flash.(3) ├ö├ç├┐I met a distant cousin at one of these fairs,├ö├ç├û said a lady.(4) Something chirped, a bird, but the sound was distant , faded.(5) And if you tossed his distant cousin out of his house, wouldn't he mind that?(6) So we arrived at the park to find many bicycles propped up against trees, and distant sounds of music and laughter.(7) Images of those back home remit to the audience the common connectivity among populations distant in space and culture.(8) By the age of five he was speaking French, having been instructed by a distant cousin in the back seat of grandmother's LaSalle.(9) I'm now involved, with a number of linguists, in a project I helped to organize to explore very distant relationships among human languages.(10) It is 10 billion miles from the sun, over three times more distant from the sun than its next closest planet, Pluto.(11) Caught up in his naval background, he was distant and impersonal.(12) The young knight nodded, but his eyes were distant , his face drawn.(13) ├ö├ç├┐It's so distant and remote, they thought nobody would ever find it,├ö├ç├û says county sheriff Ronnie Oakes.(14) A man in the distant field caught her attention.(15) Rather, the naming system complements the kinship system in that it provides people with an easy tool to establish their relationship even with distant kin.(16) ├ö├ç├┐I hope I die before I get old├ö├ç├û sang the Who when old age seemed to be something vague on a distant shore.
(1) distant relative :: దూరపు బంధువు
(2) distant cousin :: సజన్ముడు
(3) distant future :: సుదూర భవిష్యత్తు
(4) distant past :: గతం
(5) in the distant past :: గతం లో
(6) more distant :: మరింత సుదూర
(7) distant lands :: సుదూర ప్రాంతాలనుండి
(8) in the distant future :: సుదూర భవిష్యత్తులో
(9) distant thunder :: సుదూర ఉరుములు
(10) become distant :: సుదూర మారింది
1. faraway ::
3. away ::
4. vague ::
5. remote ::
6. aloof ::
7. distracted ::
1. close ::
2. near ::
3. nigh ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
( DISTANT gunfire,
men shouting )
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
the DISTANT chatter
of lab animals
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
(DISTANT SIREN WAILING)
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
...play with $200 million
government projects on DISTANT planets?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
lf every man were held accountable for the
actions of every DISTANT relative, Ser Alton,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
English to Telugu Dictionary: distant
Meaning and definitions of distant, translation in Telugu language for distant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of distant in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "distant"
What distant means in Telugu, distant meaning in Telugu, distant definition, examples and pronunciation of distant in Telugu language.