Noun(1) one celestial body obscures another
Verb(1) be greater in significance than(2) cause an eclipse of (a celestial body
(1) At this time of the year individuals have completed breeding and begin to molt into their brown eclipse plumage, and they are easy to accurately age as adult breeding males.(2) The rise of Vancouver as a power centre coincided with the eclipse of Winnipeg, which by 1996 retained only one headquarters.(3) When the Moon is fully immersed in the umbra a total lunar eclipse occurs.(4) Now the view of a transit simply shows the planet slowly moving across, appearing to eclipse the Sun.(5) Canada also witnesses the entire eclipse as does Central and South America.(6) The producer decided to show the mountain goats going to sleep when the eclipse happened.(7) If the film gets made, that will definitely eclipse the book, because most people are more interested in movies.(8) Now that the highly specialised Honda Insight hybrid is no longer officially on sale in the UK, we know of no other car likely to eclipse the petrol C1's economy in a typical driving environment.(9) Females and males in eclipse plumage may look superficially similar to Mallards.(10) There is the already encountered line of analysis that the eclipse of Soviet military power was not an accomplishment of the West, but rather an outcome self-inflicted by Soviet and Russian economic failure.(11) Two weeks ago South Africans saw a partial solar eclipse .(12) A lunar eclipse is visible from everywhere on the dark side of the Earth.(13) Some experts believe the roomy crossover model line could eventually eclipse the traditional sedan.(14) Nevertheless, it is surprising to learn about the complete eclipse of the government sponsored agricultural research institution in this whole episode.(15) We also viewed the eclipse through the thickness of a CD, which worked quite well.(16) On 9 March 1497 he observed the Moon eclipse the star Aldebaran.
(1) solar eclipse :: సూర్య గ్రహణం
(2) lunar eclipse :: చంద్రగ్రహణం
(3) total eclipse :: మొత్తం గ్రహణం
(4) partial eclipse :: పాక్షిక గ్రహణం
(5) total solar eclipse :: సంపూర్ణ సూర్య గ్రహణం
(6) moon eclipse :: చంద్రుడు గ్రహణం
1. blotting out ::
2. decline ::
3. occultation ::
4. blot out ::
5. outshine ::
6. occult ::
7. overshadow ::
1. ascent ::
2. rise ::
eclipse, eclipsed, eclipses, eclipsing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know, last time, I was able to book
a cruise to the Arctic to see a solar ECLIPSE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Telugu Dictionary: eclipse
Meaning and definitions of eclipse, translation in Telugu language for eclipse with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of eclipse in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "eclipse"
What eclipse means in Telugu, eclipse meaning in Telugu, eclipse definition, examples and pronunciation of eclipse in Telugu language.