Noun(1) anything that contributes causally to a result(2) an abstract part of something(3) one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer(4) a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission(5) any of the numbers (or symbols(6) an independent variable in statistics(7) (genetics
Verb(1) resolve into factors(2) be a contributing factor(3) consider as relevant when making a decision
(1) The result will be a factor in his decision making.(2) she worked fast, conscious of the time factor(3) Supplying a blood coagulation factor through transfusion is the main treatment for the disease.(4) Some scientists believe that a chronic shortage of dietary calcium is a contributing factor in developing osteoporosis.(5) high sun protection factor(6) However, on hearing evidence and viewing a security video taken at the scene, she said the restraint used had been a contributory factor in his death.(7) Take the maximum draw weight of the bow required and multiply this by a factor of 5.(8) The small sample size was obviously a confounding factor in interpreting the results.(9) The National Safety Council says faulty vehicles are a contributory factor in just 1% of road accidents.(10) The micropipette diameter was also measured, and the value multiplied by a factor of 0.92.(11) Here, the change often seemed to be proportional to the molecular weight of the solute multiplied by a factor of two, three or four.(12) It is the factor who then receives payment from the importer.(13) Similarly, family and friends of students have been considered an influential factor in choosing an agriculture major.(14) his legal problems were not a factor in his decision(15) She stresses that all mini-melon lines are the result of natural breeding and that genetics is probably the biggest factor in her results.(16) The safety campaigners point out that speed is a contributory factor in more than 1,100 deaths on Britain's roads every year.
(1) form factor :: ఫారమ్ ఫ్యాక్టర్
(2) factor of production :: ఉత్పత్తిలో కారణము
(3) scale factor :: స్థాయి కారకం
(4) key factor :: కీలకమైన అంశం
(5) risk factor :: ప్రమాద కారకంగా
(6) growth factor :: పెరుగుదల అంశం
(7) load factor :: లోడ్ ఫ్యాక్టర్
(8) safety factor :: సేఫ్టీ ఫ్యాక్టర్
(9) power factor :: శక్తి కారకం
(10) impact factor :: ఇంపాక్ట్ ఫాక్టర్
1. element ::
2. broker ::
3. ingredient ::
4. gene ::
5. divisor ::
1. whole ::
factor, factored, factorial, factorials, factoring, factors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And once Mike's people are no longer a
FACTOR, things should tidy up nicely.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
Amy, I was off
by a FACTOR of 10,000.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
Amy, I was off by
a FACTOR of 10,000.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
"How does a quantum computer
FACTOR large numbers?"
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
...by the same FACTOR
as an ounce of alcohol.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
English to Telugu Dictionary: factor
Meaning and definitions of factor, translation in Telugu language for factor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of factor in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "factor"
What factor means in Telugu, factor meaning in Telugu, factor definition, examples and pronunciation of factor in Telugu language.