Noun(1) the first of two or the first mentioned of two
Adjective(1) referring to the first of two things or persons mentioned (or the earlier one or ones of several(2) belonging to some prior time(3) (used especially of persons(4) belonging to the distant past
(1) The celebration continued with a reception where former colleagues, students and friends shared remembrances.(2) The data show no previous information on the former positions held by fifteen cabinet officials.(3) It's easy to forget the former blight and decay of this part of Southwark.(4) Their judgment was based on fresh evidence from a former boyfriend of the alleged victim which showed her evidence was unreliable.(5) an arch former(6) I prefer the former design to the latest(7) All regret for the past is vain; every desire to revert to a former social stage is unreal.(8) As former colonies gained statehood, the practice frequently continued but steadily lost adherents.(9) If a choice were between law and order kept by private military companies and anarchy, most people would opt for the former .(10) The team that starred at World Cup 02 are a shadow of their former selves and won't be in Germany this summer.(11) I went back day after day to study it more, my former explorations temporarily forgotten.(12) But, of the two, we tend to prefer the former on morphological grounds.(13) The essence of the former view can be presented as follows.(14) Colin Samson clearly takes the former view of the of the Innu experience.(15) The former Minister under the previous Government might have, but I doubt that.(16) The beauty of the former design was that it kept the past current without effort.
(1) the former :: ఇంతకు ముందుది
(2) former president :: మాజీ రాష్ట్రపతి
(3) former employee :: మాజీ ఉద్యోగి
(4) former name :: పూర్వపు పేరు
(5) former employer :: మాజీ యజమాని
(6) former student :: పూర్వ విద్యార్థి
(7) former girlfriend :: మాజీ ప్రియురాలు
(8) former boyfriend :: మాజీ ప్రియుడు
(9) in former times :: మాజీ కాలంలో
(10) former wife :: మాజీ భార్య
1. one-time ::
3. first-mentioned ::
4. quondam ::
5. early ::
6. previous ::
1. after ::
2. following ::
3. later ::
4. posterior ::
5. subsequent ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Interesting, Penny's current suitor
asking advice from her FORMER suitor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
"She refuses to leave until the freedom
of the FORMER slaves is secure."
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Between eating and sleeping,
I'd choose the FORMER, but...
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
They never went
to visit the FORMER tenants.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
Former dentist. I need a new one
now that I know where his hands have been.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
English to Telugu Dictionary: former
Meaning and definitions of former, translation in Telugu language for former with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of former in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "former"
What former means in Telugu, former meaning
in Telugu, former definition, examples and pronunciation
of former in Telugu language.