Noun(1) (baseball, especially in baseball(2) the act of contacting one thing with another(3) a conspicuous success(4) (physics(5) a dose of a narcotic drug(6) a murder carried out by an underworld syndicate(7) a connection made via the internet to another website
Verb(1) cause to move by striking(2) hit against; come into sudden contact with(3) deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument(4) reach a destination, either real or abstract(5) affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely(6) hit with a missile from a weapon(7) encounter by chance(8) gain points in a game(9) cause to experience suddenly(10) make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target(11) kill intentionally and with premeditation(12) drive something violently into a location(13) reach a point in time, or a certain state or level(14) produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments(15) hit the intended target or goal(16) pay unsolicited and usually unwanted sexual attention to
(1) He then hit Zoro over the head causing him serious injury, and took his wallet.(2) it hit him very hard when Rosie left(3) In the countries badly hit by this disaster, livestock and working animals can be vital to the lives of rural communities.(4) Cohen said at least one bullet hit Diallo while he was lying on the floor.(5) she hit it with her left foot(6) David ran to the computer lab and hit a few buttons until a layout of the safe house came up on the screen.(7) they were fine until the storm hit(8) Her friend's house took a direct hit , but fortunately the family were out.(9) We have got a small squad and when we have been hit with suspensions and injuries it has made it difficult.(10) Sure, he had been hit by a drunk driver, but maybe his injuries wouldn't have been so bad.(11) the woman hit the mugger with her umbrella(12) He quickly hit the trigger over and over again sending beams dead on at the suit.(13) So after a late lunch at Belgo's, with Ken coming along for a drink, we finally hit Borders.(14) But Ms Cannings hit back, claiming the Yorkshire Post story had been misleading.(15) it hit against the cliff(16) Tesco have hit back with Royal Bank of Scotland research that shows they pay within 33 days on average.
(1) to hit :: ఢీకొట్టుట
(2) hit it off :: దాన్ని కొట్టేసెయ్యి
(3) hit on :: హిట్
(4) hit and run :: హిట్ అండ్ రన్
(5) hit man :: హిట్ మాన్
(6) hit the road :: రో్డ్డు మీద ప్రయాణం ప్రారంభించుట
(7) hit back :: తిరిగి కొట్టిన
(8) hit off :: కొట్టేసెయ్యి
(9) hit up :: అప్ హిట్
(10) hit the sack :: కధనంలో హిట్
1. blow ::
2. success ::
4. smash ::
5. collision ::
6. strike ::
7. crash into ::
8. reach ::
9. occur to ::
10. collide with ::
11. bump off ::
12. score ::
13. pip ::
14. arrive at ::
15. come to ::
16. stumble ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They'll HIT us in force
and they won't run away when we HIT back.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
We will HIT her hard.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
- You HIT her. What did I do?
- You had my car towed.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
We HIT a couple
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
Perhaps I've already HIT upon the idea
that will win me my Nobel Prize.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
English to Telugu Dictionary: hit
Meaning and definitions of hit, translation in Telugu language for hit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of hit in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "hit"
What hit means in Telugu, hit meaning
in Telugu, hit definition, examples and pronunciation
of hit in Telugu language.