Noun(1) a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter(2) activity characterized by good humor(3) a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement(4) a triviality not to be taken seriously
Verb(1) tell a joke; speak humorously(2) act in a funny or teasing way
(1) Someone cracked a joke and the ensuing laughter jerked him out of his thoughts and brought him back to reality.(2) You joke a lot in interviews about how you wanted to write horror because you experienced so much of it in high school.(3) ├ö├ç├┐Surely this was all some kind of joke , a stunt├ö├ç├û.(4) Either way, the point was, it was all a trick, a joke , a scam - whatever you wanted to call it.(5) he was pretending to joke his daughter(6) They joke about the hotly-disputed incident every time they meet.(7) public transport is a joke(8) Muldowney told police at the time it had been a joke or prank but now realised just how serious it had been.(9) We can joke about it but this is a serious problem.(10) As you probably guessed, this list was a joke / hoax.(11) I knew none of those people had pulled that stunt last night as a joke .(12) He also took time out to joke with reporters and photographers.(13) We can joke about our differences, because they're obvious and expected.(14) The system is a joke and the fact that employers can still find people to work under the table proves the job hunting clubs are ineffective and symbolize a bureaucracy gone mad.(15) It almost seemed like a joke , a harmless prank one of his friends had pulled on him.(16) Some consider the system to be a joke .
(1) practical joke :: ప్రాక్టికల్ జోక్
(2) to joke :: జోక్
(3) bad joke :: చెత్త జోకు
(4) private joke :: ప్రైవేట్ జోక్
(5) dirty joke :: మురికి జోక్
(6) inside joke :: లోపల జోక్
(7) joke around :: జోక్ చుట్టూ
(8) crack a joke :: ఒక జోక్ పగుళ్లు
(9) make a joke :: ఒక జోక్ చేయడానికి
(10) play a joke :: ఒక జోక్ ప్లే
1. funny story ::
2. trick ::
3. laughingstock ::
4. farce ::
5. laugh ::
6. caper ::
8. tell jokes ::
9. fool ::
10. jest ::
joke, joked, jokes, jokey, joking
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, I also have
a JOKE for you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 14
It was a JOKE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
All right, I cared enough to memorize
that stupid JOKE, but that's all I care.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
You've had your little JOKE.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
to laugh at a knock-knock
JOKE that starts with,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
English to Telugu Dictionary: joke
Meaning and definitions of joke, translation in Telugu language for joke with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of joke in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "joke"
What joke means in Telugu, joke meaning in Telugu, joke definition, examples and pronunciation of joke in Telugu language.