Noun(1) a happy party(2) a yawl used by a ship's sailors for general work
Verb(1) be silly or tease one another
Adjective(1) full of or showing high-spirited merriment
Adverb(1) to certain extent or degree
(1) The next few days are all very exciting though, today it's the wedding of my cousin Amanda (to Daniel) to which I'm wearing the exciting and jolly expensive new suit.(2) A pristine set - punctuated with jolly crowd banter is what one comes to expect from Reuben, and they never fail to deliver.(3) He's laughing down the phone and it's a pity I can't see him smile, because on his dust-jackets he looks such a jolly fellow.(4) Just bear in mind the distinction between assertiveness and aggression if you have to jolly them along.(5) Alfie will be off on a bit of a jolly for the next few days.(6) Before it was a happy, jolly place and now it is like Fort Knox.(7) The third character is Awly, the friend who tries to jolly Leo out of his lovesickness.(8) Bizarrely the poster shows a jolly , alfresco party, possibly by an unseen pool.(9) Next week we've got the rabble that is the Tory fascists party gathering for their annual jolly .(10) He presented each child with a certificate of achievement and his jolly and good humoured manner went down a treat with all.(11) Back at base, Alec arrives looking his usual jolly self, full of anticipation and excitement about the coming evening as he chats with the rest of the crew.(12) ├ö├ç├┐This is a British-made rickshaw, manufactured to a fantastic specification and was jolly expensive,├ö├ç├û said Marion.(13) Another book signing and talk with hundreds of cheerful, jolly people.(14) It wasn't like it was a big walk in the park, everybody was happy and jolly all the time and talking about their next project.(15) Don't try to cheer them up, or jolly them out of their pain.(16) Graham will be home for a couple of days tomorrow and that'll serve to jolly me out of it.
(1) jolly good :: ఆహ్లాదకరమైన మంచి
(2) jolly well :: ఆహ్లాదకరమైన బాగా
(3) have a jolly time :: ఒక ఆటపట్టించే సమయం
(4) jolly fine :: జాలీ జరిమానా
1. cheerful ::
2. happy ::
3. cheery ::
4. good-humored ::
5. jovial ::
6. merry ::
7. sunny ::
8. joyful ::
9. joyous ::
10. lighthearted ::
11. in high spirits ::
అధిక ఆత్మలు లో
12. bubbly ::
13. exuberant ::
14. ebullient ::
15. gleeful ::
17. genial ::
18. affable ::
19. fun-loving ::
20. chipper ::
21. chirpy ::
22. perky ::
24. hail-fellow-well-met ::
ఉరుము-తోటి బాగా కలుసుకున్నారు
25. jocund ::
26. jocose ::
27. gay ::
28. blithe ::
29. somewhat ::
30. middling ::
32. fairly ::
34. moderately ::
35. pretty ::
36. banter ::
37. josh ::
38. chaff ::
39. kid ::
40. pleasure ::
41. thrill ::
42. enjoyment ::
43. excitement ::
1. unpalatable ::
2. unpleasant ::
jollies, jollily, jollity, jolly, jollying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
To make things more JOLLY, there were
so many blinking lights on the house...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
He was such a JOLLY little fellow.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
Jolly amusing. But if you don't mind,
I'll hold off until sunset on Titan.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
And before that, he was a JOLLY fellow,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
isn't Broccoli Hulk basically
just the Jolly Green Giant?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
English to Telugu Dictionary: jolly
Meaning and definitions of jolly, translation in Telugu language for jolly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of jolly in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "jolly"
What jolly means in Telugu, jolly meaning in Telugu, jolly definition, examples and pronunciation of jolly in Telugu language.