Noun(1) edge tool used as a cutting instrument; has a pointed blade with a sharp edge and a handle(2) a weapon with a handle and blade with a sharp point(3) any long thin projection that is transient
Verb(1) use a knife on
(1) Solomon put his knife and fork neatly by the side of his plate and sipped a glass of Chablis.(2) Using a sharp knife , peel, core and slice the apples into thin wedges.(3) Jake was carrying a sharp kitchen knife from his grandmother's house.(4) The number of arrests for possessing a knife or other weapon dropped from 99 to 54.(5) A Londoner was caught in Stansted airport with a cosh, a knife , and teargas spray.(6) Peel the grapefruit and, using a serrated knife , cut out individual sections so that no white pith remains.(7) Det Chief Supt David Hunter said police had retrieved the murder weapon, a knife .(8) The machine has a knife which cuts open the fabric lengthwise as fast as it knits and is self acting.(9) The homeowner and one suspect were treated for knife wounds at Lions Gate Hospital.(10) Both occupants, believed to be armed with a gun and a small knife or machete, escaped on foot and were still at large last night.(11) My guts still feel like the surgeon's knife is still in them.(12) Detectives yesterday revealed she had been ├ö├ç├┐savagely├ö├ç├û murdered with a knife or similar weapon in a frenzied attack.(13) Williams admitted six robberies and both admitted having a knife as an offensive weapon.(14) He was chased on to the roundabout by a masked gang where he was attacked with at least three weapons including a knife and axe.(15) Research by restaurant chain Brewsters claims that a quarter of children under 11 eat with their fingers instead of using a knife or fork.(16) The 16-year-old girl was dragged into an alleyway and sexually assaulted by a man brandishing a knife , police said.
(1) pocket knife :: చిన్న కత్తి
(2) sharp knife :: పదునైన కత్తి
(3) butter knife :: వెన్న కత్తి
(4) knife and fork :: కత్తి మరియు fork
(5) putty knife :: పుట్టీ కత్తి
(6) kitchen knife :: వంటగది కత్తి
(7) carving knife :: చెక్కే కత్తి
(8) utility knife :: సాదారణ పనులకు ఉపయోగపడే కత్తి
(9) bread knife :: బ్రెడ్ కత్తి
1. cutting tool ::
2. blade ::
3. cutter ::
4. stab ::
5. hack ::
8. slash ::
9. lacerate ::
10. cut ::
11. pierce ::
12. jab ::
13. stick ::
14. spike ::
15. impale ::
16. transfix ::
17. bayonet ::
18. spear ::
knife, knifed, knifes, knifing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Told you, I'm very attached to this KNIFE.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
Ser Davos said you took a KNIFE
in the heart for your people.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
and you'll show him the KNIFE you used
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
A perfectly ordinary
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
Bring the bird over here
and the carving KNIFE.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
English to Telugu Dictionary: knife
Meaning and definitions of knife, translation in Telugu language for knife with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of knife in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "knife"
What knife means in Telugu, knife meaning in Telugu, knife definition, examples and pronunciation of knife in Telugu language.