Noun(1) single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance(2) a relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another(3) an abstract place usually conceived as having depth(4) a hen that lays eggs(5) thin structure composed of a single thickness of cells
Verb(1) make or form a layer
(1) Most polishes and waxes leave a layer of wax on surfaces to protect finish.(2) Taxes are traditionally collected at the lowest administrative level and each layer in the hierarchy can keep a cut of the taxes.(3) I hope you're aware that these walls are only a layer of sheet rock and a bit of plaster!(4) bears depend on a layer of blubber to keep them warm in the water(5) Over that there was a layer of soft black material, open at the front to show the red dress beneath.(6) Thatch is a layer of fibrous material, which if it becomes too deep, prevents proper drainage of rain.(7) It was a layer of slime that coated every surface, reducing all materials to the same revolting color and dimming the lights to an anemic yellow.(8) a larger missile would provide a layer of defense at higher altitudes(9) a managerial layer(10) In the case of a wall like this, because it's very densely packed, and then it is coated with a layer of plaster inside and outside, it's a zero fire hazard.(11) Once that's all done, turn the heat down or off, whilst you layer sliced potatoes on top.(12) The actor is a former asphalt layer who is renowned in television circles for his singing voice.(13) If you're planning to share this shrub with a friend, you can layer it directly into a pot.(14) Arrange a layer of fish, skin side down, at the bottom.(15) These tissues then provide a layer of insulation between the body core and the surface.(16) Just another electioneering pack of lies designed to mislead people into enabling yet a further layer of politicians to line their pockets at our expense.
(1) ozone layer :: ఓజోన్ పొర
(2) boundary layer :: చివరి పొర
(3) double layer :: రెండు పొరలు
(4) top layer :: పై పొర
(5) outer layer :: బాహ్య పొర
(6) thin layer :: పలుచటి పొర
(7) upper layer :: ఎగువ పొర
(8) thick layer :: మందమైన పొర
(9) application layer :: అప్లికేషన్ లేయర్
(10) surface layer :: ఉపరితల పొర
1. coating ::
2. stratum ::
3. bed ::
layer, layered, layering, layers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There’s a first LAYER made of steel
and a second one of reinforced concrete.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
- Won't work. The flower's porous.
- What if we infused the bottom LAYER...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
The ozone LAYER is already thin
because of the cow farts.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
the entire upper LAYER
of infected tissue,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
that the entire upper LAYER
of diseased skin was debrided,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
English to Telugu Dictionary: layer
Meaning and definitions of layer, translation in Telugu language for layer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of layer in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "layer"
What layer means in Telugu, layer meaning
in Telugu, layer definition, examples and pronunciation
of layer in Telugu language.