Adjective(1) (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns(2) (usually preceded by `no'(3) (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases(4) limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent, or small(5) (quantifier used with mass nouns, with `a'(6) (of children and animals(7) (informal, or small(8) (of a voice(9) low in stature; not tall(10) lowercase(11) small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context
Adverb(1) used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs(2) comparative of little(3) not much
(1) he got it for less than that(2) I like it no less than they do(3) Alcohol use disorders are considerably less common in this age range than they are among younger individuals.(4) it happens less frequently(5) Urban and rural membership will be less of a fault-line than male and female.(6) Lower leaves often turn yellow as the plant begins to head and become less important.(7) There was some constant fuzz on the track, so the clarity was less than perfect.(8) They want more of acting and less of dancing on the slopes of Switzerland.(9) the less said about it the better(10) it's less expensive(11) sport is no less important(12) it's a question of time, no more no less(13) At first, the design of the network will seem less important than the content that is moved over it.(14) The main problem is that they tend to charge a lot more and that leaves less of your money going into investments.(15) they were less than helpful(16) So, the lower the charges, the less of your money is gobbled up and the better chance you have of matching the market.
(1) less than :: కంటే తక్కువ
(2) more or less :: ఎక్కువ లేదా తక్కువ
(3) much less :: చాల తక్కువ
(4) less expensive :: తక్కువ ఖరీదైన
(5) less and less :: తక్కువ మరియు తక్కువ
(6) even less :: కూడా తక్కువ
(7) not less than :: కంటే తక్కువ కాదు
(8) no less than :: కంటే తక్కువ
(9) no less :: తక్కువ కాదు
(10) at less :: అతి తక్కువలో
1. not so much ::
మరీ అంత ఎక్కువేం కాదు
6. fewer ::
7. to a lesser degree ::
8. to a smaller extent ::
ఒక చిన్న మేరకు
10. minus ::
13. without ::
14. a smaller amount than ::
కంటే తక్కువ మొత్తం
16. under ::
17. below ::
1. major ::
2. more ::
3. primary ::
4. prime ::
5. senior ::
6. superior ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
-You know what the Professor said.
-I couldn’t care LESS about the Professor.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
I would expect nothing LESS
from the Mother of Dragons.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
I think it's time
to treat us LESS formally, isn't it?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
Didn't a great man once say,
"Science demands nothing LESS...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
I'm a bit LESS.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
English to Telugu Dictionary: less
Meaning and definitions of less, translation in Telugu language for less with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of less in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "less"
What less means in Telugu, less meaning in Telugu, less definition, examples and pronunciation of less in Telugu language.