Noun(1) a similar kind(2) a kind of person
Verb(1) prefer or wish to do something(2) find enjoyable or agreeable(3) be fond of(4) feel about or towards; consider, evaluate, or regard(5) want to have
Adjective(1) resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination(2) equal in amount or value(3) having the same or similar characteristics(4) conforming in every respect
(1) Well, it's not like anything exciting is happening today, is it?(2) When they rang early on Sunday morning and broke the news to my Mum she howled like a banshee which woke me up.(3) Would you like a cup of tea while you wait?(4) He was very special to me and I would like for everybody to know what a wonderful man he was.(5) He knows what cut and colour suit him best - like pink, because it flatters his skin tone.(6) Spain or somewhere like that(7) If you don't mind, I'd really like to go home and think about all this for a while.(8) We just did not play well and you cannot afford to do that against a quality side like Australia.(9) I like big events and know how to prepare for and focus on big games and tournaments.(10) he's tired, or lazy more like!(11) At times I had to slow down because the car made it feel like you were going slower than you actually were.(12) people say things like 'sorry'(13) I'd like you to come and meet my parents.(14) I didn't like the idea of it, but the guy was just doing his job, like I was doing mine.(15) I would like to urge your readers to consider what it is they want from their NHS dental service?(16) I ran up the stairs at full speed and knocked on his door, remembering the last time that I'd come over unannounced like this.
(1) look like :: లాగా
(2) like this :: ఇలా
(3) as you like :: మీకు
(4) would like :: కోరుకుంటున్నారో
(5) like that :: ఆ వంటి
(6) to like :: ఇష్టపడుటకు
(7) just like you :: అచ్చంగా నీలాగే
(8) looks like :: కనిపిస్తోంది
(9) something like that :: అలాంటిది
1. similar ::
2. same ::
3. alike ::
4. corresponding ::
5. equal ::
6. the like ::
7. ilk ::
8. similar to ::
9. in the same way as ::
10. such as ::
11. characteristic of ::
12. be fond of ::
యొక్క అమితముగా ఉంటుంది
13. enjoy ::
14. choose ::
15. feel about ::
16. wish ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
which are LIKE the baddest ass Nazis
of the whole Nazi family.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
Oh, sure. Like when you send me
to kill spiders in your bathtub.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
It's LIKE an earful of melted caramel.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
With women! I LIKE
to boogie with women!
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
Because I actually
really LIKE it here.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
English to Telugu Dictionary: like
Meaning and definitions of like, translation in Telugu language for like with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of like in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "like"
What like means in Telugu, like meaning in Telugu, like definition, examples and pronunciation of like in Telugu language.