Noun(1) a unit of length equal to 1,760 yards or 5,280 feet; exactly 1609.344 meters(2) a unit of length used in navigation; exactly 1,852 meters; historically based on the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude(3) a large distance(4) a former British unit of length once used in navigation; equivalent to 6,000 feet (1828.8 meters(5) a former British unit of length equivalent to 6,080 feet (1,853.184 meters(6) an ancient Roman unit of length equivalent to 1620 yards(7) a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km(8) a footrace extending one mile
(1) It seems to me like if it takes more kilometers to make a mile , then it should take more kilograms to make a pound.(2) this is my favourite film by a mile(3) he rode the fastest mile of his entire career in 1914(4) Every five seconds counted is equal to approximately one mile between you and the storm.(5) The three-year-old colt had won each of his five starts this year, all Group I races at a mile .(6) The earth is approximately 93 million miles / 150 million kilometers from the sun.(7) In one area some 10 square miles [25 square kilometers] of the city was completely flattened.(8) Come daybreak, the atoll was about three miles (five kilometers) away and had rough water.(9) Each village is considered to own three miles into the forest in every direction.(10) Apart from The West Wing, it's the best thing on television by miles and miles .(11) And it wasn't a close win - it was a win by miles , so that was nice.(12) Etched into the stone are the Roman numerals LIII, the distance in Roman miles to Carlisle.(13) The US has the highest rates of incarceration in the civilized world, and I mean we hold the record by miles .(14) The deer taught her how to run, and keep running for miles at a steady pace.(15) A hunt can last from a few seconds to several minutes and cover up to two miles (three kilometers).(16) And for those who rarely venture South of the river - this beats every bar in West London by miles .
(1) square mile :: చదరపు మైలు
(2) nautical mile :: నాటికల్ మైల్
(3) half a mile :: అర మైలు
(4) last mile :: గత మైలు
(5) go the extra mile :: అదనపు మైలు వెళ్ళి
(6) stand out a mile :: ఒక మైలు నిలబడి
1. statute mile ::
2. sea mile ::
3. mil ::
4. admiralty mile ::
ఒక దళాధిపతి మైలు
5. nautical mile ::
1. hair ::
2. inch ::
3. step ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Way to go the extra MILE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
Spare me the homilies.
I can smell a fraud from a MILE away.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
they wouldn't let me within
a MILE of the Red Keep,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
it's about a MILE or so
to the Valley Beyond.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
No one can get within a MILE
of Incite, sir.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: mile
Meaning and definitions of mile, translation in Telugu language for mile with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mile in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mile"
What mile means in Telugu, mile meaning in Telugu, mile definition, examples and pronunciation of mile in Telugu language.