Noun(1) a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans
Adjective(1) in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately(2) situated in or oriented toward the north(3) coming from the north; used especially of wind(4) situated in or coming from regions of the north
(1) His top may have had a logo on the chest, and he spoke with a northern accent.(2) Many of the songs are love letters to the Prairies and northern living in general.(3) In part, of course, this Peter Kay reference is basically because Manford has a northern accent.(4) Michael had a little of what seemed to be a northern accent, that Mike didn't have.(5) This is where the green belt begins, the northern slopes rolling down to form the edge of Epping Forest.(6) I think it is great that people will be able to hear a local accent on the trains, especially because we are a northern company.(7) The northern wind neared the top of the cliff and sped up, always gaining momentum.(8) Millions of gallons of water poured through and rushed into the northern suburbs and on towards the city centre.(9) In reality, it is a long, slightly bent collection of broken reefs surrounding a sheltered lagoon towards the northern end.(10) It also persists most famously among that other northern breed, the Highland.(11) It is a lovely circuit of Lingmoor Fell, so called because of the abundance of heather on its northern slopes.(12) The town's location ensures that it catches most of the day's sun and is sheltered from northern winds by sharply rising fells.(13) The son of a Burnley mill worker and window cleaner, Salmon has not lost his northern accent.(14) I must have been shaking like a leaf in the northern wind for he took me tight in his arms, saying nothing.(15) The site chosen is located against the northern slope of the Old Fort in Johannesburg.(16) Spots of snow still lurk on northern slopes while glacial lilies unfurl in patches of sunlight.
(1) northern hemisphere :: ఉత్తరార్ధగోళంలో
(2) northern lights :: ఉత్తర లైట్లు
(3) northern region :: ఉత్తర ప్రాంతంలో
(4) northern part :: ఉత్తర భాగం
1. northerly ::
northern, northerner, northerners
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And there are also the Tullys.
They're not Northern,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
The Northern forces
will honor their promises
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Well, he's not making it easy.
The Northern Lords are proud.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
Greyjoy can destroy
the Northern army from within
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Northern families are loyal.
They'll fight for you if you ask.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
English to Telugu Dictionary: northern
Meaning and definitions of northern, translation in Telugu language for northern with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of northern in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "northern"
What northern means in Telugu, northern meaning in Telugu, northern definition, examples and pronunciation of northern in Telugu language.