Adjective(1) regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public(2) carried on by or for the people (or citizens(3) representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large(4) (of music or art, especially among young people
(1) We have at least established that contrary to popular belief, Yanks do have a sense of humour.(2) This popular fallacy about room temperature is a hangover from the years when wine was a luxury for the few.(3) There was genuine popular interest in the party about the debate the NPI had initiated.(4) Among his other devices to rally popular opinion was a relief of pressure on the Orthodox Church.(5) There is a popular belief that property is a better investment than shares.(6) We had made a pact to tackle together one of the mountains of popular cultural or die in the attempt.(7) It has become in her view an arty scene, trendy to visit at the weekend and popular with tourists.(8) Press releases might have been compiled, to some extent, in anticipation of popular tastes.(9) Even the splits within the establishment are a product of popular anti-war pressure.(10) How does the public know the appointees are representing popular rather than elite interests?(11) It is true that these are terms of public parlance, rather than of popular speech.(12) That was quite popular with the folk crowd, but I kept my eye open to what was going on in the States.(13) He made the party more amenable to Stalin, but lost a lot of popular support for the party as a result.(14) Friday was music day as musical tots proved very popular with children and staff!(15) As he watched popular and political support for Richard ebb away, he decided to make a bid for the crown himself.(16) She was well liked and popular with her class mates and her year group.
(1) very popular :: చాలా ప్రజాదరణ
(2) popular culture :: ప్రఖ్యాతి గాంచిన సంస్కృతి
(3) popular music :: ప్రముఖ సంగీత
(4) become popular :: ప్రజాదరణ
(5) popular press :: పాపులర్ ప్రెస్
(6) popular vote :: ప్రముఖ ఓటు
(7) popular song :: బాగా తెలిసిన పాట
(8) popular sovereignty :: ప్రముఖ సార్వభౌమాధికారం
(9) be popular :: ప్రసిద్ధి
(10) popular belief :: ప్రజాదరణ పొందిన నమ్మకానికి
1. well-liked ::
2. nonspecialist ::
3. widespread ::
4. mass ::
5. pop ::
6. democratic ::
popular, popularly, unpopular
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
if they have POPULAR support,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
Some POPULAR early main ingredients
included blueberry, anchovy...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
And for those of you who were POPULAR
in high school, it's over. Sorry.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
Popular choices include tea,
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
That can't be very POPULAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
English to Telugu Dictionary: popular
Meaning and definitions of popular, translation in Telugu language for popular with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of popular in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "popular"
What popular means in Telugu, popular meaning in Telugu, popular definition, examples and pronunciation of popular in Telugu language.