Noun(1) a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do(2) grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
Verb(1) make a promise or commitment(2) promise to undertake or give(3) make a prediction about; tell in advance(4) give grounds for expectations
(1) Six weeks ago, a flurry of announcements saw the promise of peace dangle tantalisingly before some of Africa's most wretched countries.(2) Politicians promise what they want, not what they can do.(3) she made him promise that he wouldn't do it again(4) Merger mania during the 1996-2001 period failed to realize much of its promise and potential.(5) It holds within it the promise of peace and security, and he smiles.(6) he showed great promise even as a junior officer(7) I did not keep my promise to go home early(8) New approaches show promise , potentially bringing a proof of the Riemann hypothesis within reach.(9) I definitely don't promise to stop hoping that you'll bury the hatchet already.(10) Every indication points to the promise of continued improvements in the cost and performance of storage, depending on the technology involved.(11) Day three started with the promise of very fine weather but we were met with a delivery of a sudden shower as we followed a narrow dirt trail.(12) Although they all start out with great promise and potential, they invariably end up a disappointment and we hear nothing more about them.(13) forthcoming concerts promise a feast of music from around the world(14) For him, this odd little satellite traveling around an evocative solar star represents promise and potential.(15) On the contrary, molecular medicine holds remarkable promise for improving quality of life and delivering health care more equitably.(16) We will not hand over our consciences in return for a hollow promise of safety.
(1) make a promise :: ఒక వాగ్దానం చేయడానికి
(2) keep promise :: హామీని నిలబెట్టుకున్నారు
(3) broken promise :: విరిగిన వాగ్దానం
(4) keep a promise :: వాగ్దానం ఉంచండి
(5) promise to :: వాగ్దానం
(6) break a promise :: ఒక వాగ్దానం విచ్ఛిన్నం
(7) empty promise :: ఖాళీ వాగ్దానం
(8) break one's promise :: ఒకరి వాగ్దానం విచ్ఛిన్నం
(9) solemn promise :: గంభీరమైన వాగ్దానాన్ని
(10) keep one's promise :: ఒకరి హామీని నిలబెట్టుకున్నారు
2. potential ::
3. indication ::
4. hope ::
5. give one's word ::
ఒకరి పదం ఇవ్వాలని
6. indicate ::
7. prognosticate ::
8. assure ::
promise, promised, promises, promising
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
a PROMISE that somewhere on the sea,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
I'm going to PROMISE you one thing.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
I PROMISE I'll serve you well.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
- I do.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
You made me PROMISE on my children's
lives that I guaranteed your safety.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: promise
Meaning and definitions of promise, translation in Telugu language for promise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of promise in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "promise"
What promise means in Telugu, promise meaning in Telugu, promise definition, examples and pronunciation of promise in Telugu language.