Adjective(1) feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure your self-worth; or being a reason for pride(2) having or displaying great dignity or nobility
(1) I also believe that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal, although I am not Canadian.(2) I was smug and proud that I wasn't your average male hack comic, but I wasn't showing who I was.(3) The Republican Party has a proud history of standing up for freedom and opportunity for all Americans.(4) Once the proud residences of merchant princes and princelings, they have fallen sadly from grace.(5) It shows me that this is a maker who is proud of the quality and attention to detail he puts into his work.(6) They have seen good governance, they have seen delivery on promises, and they have seen a leader whom we are proud of.(7) We felt proud of the high quality provision for our pupils.(8) We never like a person who is haughty, too proud , or condescending.(9) Her demeanor was proud and haughty, and her stance bespoke power and determination.(10) These names were old, proud and noble; fit to house my heroes in pinstriped jerseys.(11) I'm very proud of the quality of the work, and most people have no difficulty with that.(12) We are all very proud of her achievements and delighted her efforts have been recognised in this way.(13) Before Labour left office, there was a high level of customer satisfaction of 89 per cent, another achievement to be proud of.(14) Finally, I am able to bring you a new dream this morning, on a proud occasion for this website and my other web writings.(15) She talked about the National Party's proud 67-year history of commitment to families.(16) No, this proud and haughty woman had returned to her father's palace, and was complaining there.
(1) proud of :: గర్వపడింది
(2) be proud of :: గర్వపడాల్సిన
(3) to be proud of :: గర్వపడాల్సిన
(4) be proud :: గర్వించు
(5) not proud :: గర్వం కాదు
(6) proud man :: గర్వంగా మనిషి
(7) proud-hearted :: గర్వంగా మనసుతో
(8) proud father :: గర్వంగా తండ్రి
(9) be proud of oneself :: తమనుతాము గర్వపడాల్సిన
(10) house-proud :: హౌస్-గర్వంగా
2. pleasing ::
3. self-respecting ::
4. arrogant ::
5. magnificent ::
6. majestic ::
1. humble ::
2. lowly ::
3. modest ::
proud, prouder, proudest, proudly
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm so PROUD of you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
One fewer brother. Must
be PROUD of yourself.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
Well, he's not making it easy.
The Northern Lords are PROUD.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
Wow, you must be very PROUD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
To the PROUD Lannister children.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Telugu Dictionary: proud
Meaning and definitions of proud, translation in Telugu language for proud with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of proud in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "proud"
What proud means in Telugu, proud meaning in Telugu, proud definition, examples and pronunciation of proud in Telugu language.