Noun(1) the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture(2) a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria(3) an auxiliary activity(4) a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly
(1) The football was of the highest standard and urged on by a highly vocal support both teams were giving one hundred percent in pursuit of the title.(2) The land was churned up by riders and followers of the Bedale Hunt in pursuit of a fox last Saturday.(3) The track pursuit specialist ultimately wants two more Olympic gold medals but has also been tipped to star in Tour de France time trials.(4) The vehicle sped off in pursuit of the prisoner and quickly caught up with him.(5) The mantra that, in pursuit of serenity, you should change those things you can change and accept those you cannot has become rather dangerous.(6) There is something awe-inspiring about it, and something tragic about people dying in pursuit of those dreams.(7) Quality is going in pursuit of audiences and name presenters.(8) Unlike saccades, smooth pursuit cannot easily be initiated voluntarily without a moving target to follow.(9) the cat crouched in the grass in pursuit of a bird(10) You can hear dogs barking in the background and, yes, look, cut to a shot of hounds scampering in pursuit of something small and fluffy.(11) It is my prediction that protesting may yet become the recreational pursuit of choice in the 21st century.(12) His critics have always accepted that he is courageous, determined and utterly ruthless in pursuit of the causes in which he believes.(13) the Olympic pursuit champion(14) For those who are willing to travel in pursuit of unusual plants and an exotic garden, a trip to Logan Botanic Garden in Galloway is well worth the effort.(15) Cut to a fast-paced car chase, cop cars in pursuit of suspects in a getaway car.(16) In a ballot earlier this year, firefighters voted by nine to one to take strike action in pursuit of a pay increase of 40 percent.
(1) hot pursuit :: హాట్ ముసుగులో
(2) in pursuit of :: ముసుగులో
(3) pursuit of knowledge :: జ్ఞానాన్వేషణ
(4) favorite pursuit :: అభిమాన ముసుగులో
1. striving toward ::
2. activity ::
3. following ::
4. hobby ::
5. pastime ::
6. pursuance ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A relentless PURSUIT that only ends
when she falls into your arms...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
from the judge to use that ship
in the PURSUIT of an act of crime
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
in PURSUIT of their prey.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Your PURSUIT for immortality,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
How many men did we send
in PURSUIT of the Kingslayer?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: pursuit
Meaning and definitions of pursuit, translation in Telugu language for pursuit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pursuit in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pursuit"
What pursuit means in Telugu, pursuit meaning in Telugu, pursuit definition, examples and pronunciation of pursuit in Telugu language.