పావు గంట, రూపాయిలో నాల్గవవంతు
Noun(1) one of four equal parts(2) a district of a city having some distinguishing character(3) (football, professional basketball(4) a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour(5) one of four periods into which the school year is divided(6) a fourth part of a year; three months(7) one of the four major division of the compass(8) a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds(9) a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds(10) a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar(11) an unspecified person(12) the rear part of a ship(13) piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp(14) clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent
Verb(1) provide housing for (military personnel(2) pull (a person(3) divide into quarters(4) divide by four; divide into quarters
(1) James Gledhill was born March 28, 1829 at quarter before three in the morning.(2) It was supposed to be a tough and ruthless decision, giving the enemy no quarter : but at its heart, it was a decision based on funk.(3) The world's largest media company, the parent of CNN is saying it earned almost a billion dollars in the first quarter .(4) On the 1st of April, it will rise at forty-three minutes past nine in the evening, and pass the meridian at a quarter past two in the morning.(5) In 1927, Southwestern also changed from the quarter system to semesters.(6) the first quarter of the fiscal year(7) When John Updike began publishing short stories a milkshake cost 10 cents and a quarter kept a kid busy for a week.(8) He pulled a Canadian quarter out of the pocket of his black pants and tossed it from hand to hand.(9) Swindon Council is still eyeing up the Wyvern Theatre car park for a flagship central library as well as a museum and art gallery to create a cultural quarter for the town.(10) There was no sign of any fish in its talons when it emerged again, and it flew off, continuing to quarter the river.(11) A number of days elapsed, and then the return journey got under way, and the La Malouine was stationed on the port quarter of the now-called convoy QP14.(12) At a quarter to nine on the morning of September 11, 2001, I was driving down the West Side Highway in Manhattan in a car filled with scholarly texts about Greek tragedy.(13) So, the last day of the quarter I asked each student to try to put their feeling about art into one sentence.(14) This means that Palestinians who want to go and register for their next quarter at university can't.(15) Two thousand metres of walls still surround the quarter , averaging four times the height of the new fence and, in some places, over three metres thick.(16) To do this, carefully pour a base of white paint in a corner, no bigger than the size of a quarter .
(1) first quarter :: మొదటి త్రైమాసికం
(2) one quarter :: పావువంతు
(3) quarter past :: గడిచిన పావు గంట
(4) last quarter :: గత త్రైమాసికంలో
(5) quarter past one :: ఒకటింపావు
(6) quarter to one :: వంతు
(7) quarter note :: క్వార్టర్ నోట్
(8) a quarter past one :: ఒక క్వార్టర్ గత
(9) three-quarter :: ముప్పావు
(10) quarter of an hour :: ఒక గంట క్వార్టర్
1. district ::
2. source ::
4. mercy ::
5. stern ::
6. fourth ::
7. accommodate ::
8. patrol ::
9. draw ::
10. canton ::
quarter, quartered, quartering, quarters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's on a five and a
QUARTER inch floppy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
Bet I could place a
QUARTER between them,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
Well, it's pipe-fitted
for a QUARTER bath so...
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
So you point it how you want, okay?
Quarter, half, teener, whatever.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
English to Telugu Dictionary: quarter
Meaning and definitions of quarter, translation in Telugu language for quarter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of quarter in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "quarter"
What quarter means in Telugu, quarter meaning in Telugu, quarter definition, examples and pronunciation of quarter in Telugu language.