Noun(1) the only fertile female in a colony of social insects such as bees and ants and termites; its function is to lay eggs(2) a female sovereign ruler(3) the wife or widow of a king(4) something personified as a woman who is considered the best or most important of her kind(5) a competitor who holds a preeminent position(6) offensive term for a homosexual man(7) one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a queen(8) (chess(9) an especially large mole rat and the only member of a colony of naked mole rats to bear offspring which are sired by only a few males(10) female cat
Verb(1) promote to a queen, as of a pawn in chess(2) become a queen
(1) Teenage girls were crowned queen of the potato festival.(2) Prince Gyanendra contradicted officials who suggested that Crown Prince Dipendra killed King Birendra, the queen and six other royals in a dispute.(3) She became a queen and gave birth to a future queen , and in the process became beloved by the British people.(4) Elizabeth Bowes Lyon was mother to a queen , wife to a king, sister-in-law to another king.(5) A combination consisting of a king and a queen of each suit is sometimes known as a roundhouse.(6) The central room contains the epitaphs of the emperor Humayun and his queen , and is crowned by great double dome.(7) Tanya had always been the fashion queen and it was because of that that her friends always deferred to her on issues of style.(8) The worker bees die at the end of summer and the impregnated queen starts a new colony when warm weather returns.(9) The face cards - the jack, queen and king - and the joker each have a different kind of dog painted on them.(10) As a result, the progeny of a single queen (a normal bee colony) make up a genetically diverse population.(11) The evening continued with Killybegs Festival Carnival led by the festival queen .(12) As far as movement, he's as versatile as the queen piece on a chess board.(13) King Gyanendra, who ascended the throne June 4, declared his wife, Princess Komal, the queen of Nepal the same day.(14) Jill's post about this, and her analogy to the unpopular girl winning homecoming queen , made me want to go and vote.(15) I moved my queen to mid-board, hoping to establish an offensive.(16) The drama tells the story of a king who takes a second wife because his Chinese queen is unable to bear children.
(1) drama queen :: నాటక రాణి
(2) prom queen :: ముఖ్యనాయకి
(3) beauty queen :: అందాల రాణి
(4) queen bee :: రాణి ఈగ
(5) drag queen :: డ్రాగ్ క్వీన్
(6) queen of hearts :: క్వీన్ ఆఫ్ హార్ట్స్
(7) snow queen :: మంచురాణి
(8) queen ant :: రాణి చీమ
(9) bee queen :: బీ రాణి
(10) queen mother :: క్వీన్ తల్లి
1. monarch ::
2. doyenne ::
3. tabby ::
4. world-beater ::
5. fairy ::
6. queen regnant ::
queen, queened, queening, queenly, queens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The QUEEN will be thrilled to know
you're bringing her daughter home.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
Anyone not drinking
is disrespecting our QUEEN.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
I am the QUEEN!
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Now I know what my first
act as QUEEN will be.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
He has giants' blood
in him or I'm the QUEEN.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: queen
Meaning and definitions of queen, translation in Telugu language for queen with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of queen in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "queen"
What queen means in Telugu, queen meaning in Telugu, queen definition, examples and pronunciation of queen in Telugu language.