Noun(1) a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior(2) something regarded as a normative example(3) prescribed guide for conduct or action(4) (linguistics, or prescribing(5) a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct(6) the duration of a monarch's or government's power(7) dominance or power through legal authority(8) directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted(9) any one of a systematic body of regulations defining the way of life of members of a religious order(10) a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system(11) (mathematics(12) measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
Verb(1) exercise authority over; as of nations(2) decide with authority(3) be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance(4) decide on and make a declaration about(5) have an affinity with; of signs of the zodiac(6) mark or draw with a ruler(7) keep in check
(1) While it's true that people can be lucky and do win on hunches, too many passive players consistently let impulse rule their responses.(2) During its sixty years of colonial rule , Britain controlled the population by fomenting regional and ethnic divisions.(3) Lasting only ten months before Spain resumed control, Britain's rule was of short duration.(4) There is no stipulation of a time limit for US political rule and economic control over the country's resources.(5) But then, if you remember - it was salt-making that Gandhi chose as his first symbolic challenge to British imperial rule over India.(6) The Springboks continue to rule supreme as the world's rugby champions.(7) One lorry contained some very fine items of bedroom and sitting room furniture at good prices but this was the exception rather than the rule on the day.(8) The first rule for controlling rose diseases is prevention.(9) We found that there were many countries in the area where Soviet rule had either banned music or modified instruments.(10) The uprising against imperial rule went on for many years until Numancia was finally besieged and burned to the ground.(11) In the history of art they are the rule rather than the exception.(12) Three years later Ieyasu established the Tokugawa shogunate at Edo that would last until the re-establishment of imperial rule in 1868.(13) At first it was optional but soon it became a habit and finally the rule .(14) But when one is talking about the ability to do something not authorised by statute, there is a real question whether a rule of court can deal with it.(15) Ben is putting more controls in place so that this sort of thing stays an exception to the rule , rather than the norm.(16) Guilt is the reference to the rule or norm and the implied or stated fact that the child is bad for not adhering to it.
(1) rule out :: ఖండించు
(2) as a rule :: ఒక నియమం వలె
(3) to rule :: పాలించుటకు
(4) rule of thumb :: ముఖ్యనియమంగా
(5) rule of law :: న్యాయం ప్రకారం
(6) rule the world :: ప్రపంచాన్ని పరిపాలించాలని
(7) slide rule :: స్లయిడ్ నియమం
(8) ground rule :: గ్రౌండ్ పాలన
(9) general rule :: సాధారణ నియమం
(10) as a general rule :: ఒక సాధారణ నియమంగా
1. regulation ::
2. procedure ::
3. precept ::
4. control ::
5. prescript ::
6. ruler ::
7. pattern ::
8. formula ::
9. principle ::
10. dominion ::
11. govern ::
12. be in power ::
13. decree ::
14. prevail ::
15. harness ::
16. find ::
17. reign ::
rule, ruled, rules
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You are staying here in Meereen to RULE.
That is a wise decision. I respect it.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
If you RULE a city and you see the horde
approaching, you have two choices -
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
You have to know a land to RULE it.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
What's best for the people we RULE?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
--the number one RULE
is don't take things personally.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
English to Telugu Dictionary: rule
Meaning and definitions of rule, translation in Telugu language for rule with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rule in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "rule"
What rule means in Telugu, rule meaning
in Telugu, rule definition, examples and pronunciation
of rule in Telugu language.