Adjective(1) concerned with work or important matters rather than play or trivialities(2) of great consequence(3) causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm(4) appealing to the mind(5) completely lacking in playfulness(6) requiring effort or concentration; complex and not easy to answer or solve
(1) If the Government is serious about disaster preparedness, it is going to have to start with the fundamentals.(2) There is an error in the third paragraph which is sufficiently serious to warrant that I replace the copy.(3) Only 26 patients had side effects that were serious enough to require a dosage reduction.(4) If it was serious about a long-term commitment to Mitsubishi, then why isn't it willing to bail it out?(5) According to the experts, serious consideration of the unique factors involved is required.(6) If he is really serious about giving up, and is not just saying that to fob you off, he should seek professional therapy to help him to kick the habit.(7) It attempts to handle a serious topic thoughtfully, but ultimately fumbles it.(8) Name me a recent serious novel written about the experience of Black men in America.(9) Even before opening the box there's a feeling of quality and a serious amount of weight!(10) Her mother became very serious for a moment, her hands tightening on Jessie's shoulders.(11) These are serious , thoughtful people who are not in thrall to the restrictions of old ideologies.(12) they were dealt a serious blow(13) it can reach serious speeds(14) The risk of serious complication was lower in those who had treatment for diabetes.(15) A serious drama should be like a swimmer diving into a pool and swimming to the other side in one smooth, perfect trajectory.(16) I'm serious about this because we are now looking at some accountability in a system.
(1) not serious :: తీవ్రమైన కాదు
(2) very serious :: చాలా తీవ్రమైన
(3) be serious :: ప్రమాదకరమైనది
(4) serious illness :: తీవ్రమైన అనారోగ్యము
(5) get serious :: తీవ్రమైన పొందుటకు
(6) serious problem :: తీవ్రమైన సమస్య
(7) serious damage :: తీవ్ర నష్టం
(8) too serious :: చాలా తీవ్రమైన
(9) dead serious :: డెడ్ తీవ్రమైన
1. solemn ::
2. important ::
3. careful ::
4. intellectual ::
5. severe ::
6. in earnest ::
7. sober ::
8. good ::
9. grave ::
1. facetious ::
2. flip ::
3. flippant ::
4. humorous ::
5. jocular ::
6. playful ::
serious, seriously, seriousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Howie, be SERIOUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
No, I'm SERIOUS.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
True that. Serious.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Sounds SERIOUS. Have I been a bad boy?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
You cannot be SERIOUS!
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
English to Telugu Dictionary: serious
Meaning and definitions of serious, translation in Telugu language for serious with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of serious in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "serious"
What serious means in Telugu, serious meaning in Telugu, serious definition, examples and pronunciation of serious in Telugu language.