Verb(1) move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut(2) become closed(3) prevent from entering; shut out
Adjective(1) not open(2) used especially of mouth or eyes
(1) I ran into the house and slammed shut the sliding glass door.(2) Even the fact that you can shut the Gaza Strip and prevent people from there going to their leader's funeral is not really right.(3) He and his fellow guards handcuffed the men and took them outside, he closed the door shut , and the slaves were back to work.(4) the door shut behind him(5) Macys, which claims to be the world's biggest department store, was also shut for a time.(6) I shut my eyes and moved blindly forward, towards that door.(7) The work at Longsight from August 23 to 31 means a vital link in the service will be shut for nine days.(8) It will also shut is Canadian business tomorrow, and has chopped 25 staff.(9) Just as the girl shut the door Yuki pulled herself upright and staggered to the bed.(10) When she went back to get the other two she found the door had shut behind her.(11) the accident and emergency departments will shut(12) It is expected that the roads will be shut until at least 4pm today and that there will be major traffic congestion.(13) they ought to shut the path up to that terrible cliff(14) It was thought the road would be shut until about 2pm.(15) The moment one shop opens, others that stay shut lose business.(16) The pages began to move, but Lombard shut the book before he could see what his question had conjured.
(1) shut up :: నోరుముయ్యి
(2) shut your mouth :: నోరు మూసుకో
(3) shut out :: అవ్ట్ మూసివేసింది
(4) shut the door :: తలుపు మూసివేసింది
(5) to shut :: మూసివేయాలని
(6) shut-in :: షట్ లో
(7) to shut down :: మూసివేయడానికి
1. closed ::
2. close ::
4. slam ::
5. fasten ::
6. put the lid on ::
పై మూత పెట్టి
7. bar ::
8. lock ::
9. secure ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
BRONN: Shut your mouth.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
- Shut up.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Shut up, man.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
Just SHUT up. Shut up.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
Black Walder SHUT her up right quick.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
English to Telugu Dictionary: shut
Meaning and definitions of shut, translation in Telugu language for shut with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of shut in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "shut"
What shut means in Telugu, shut meaning
in Telugu, shut definition, examples and pronunciation
of shut in Telugu language.