Noun(1) the state of being silent (as when no one is speaking(2) the absence of sound(3) a refusal to speak when expected(4) the trait of keeping things secret
Verb(1) cause to be quiet or not talk(2) keep from expression, for example by threats or pressure
(1) But one of the things that of course was quite haunting about all this silence was the fact that the story of his father was not really present in his life as he grew up.(2) They ate in silence, until Mollie, full to bursting with unanswered questions, broke the silence .(3) The 4-0 performance was also one Parsley hopes will silence the critics.(4) Was not the official government silence deafening on this matter of security?(5) I don't know how long we sat there in silence, but our silence said so much.(6) Nor was it truly noise, because if it were noise, then it could cease, and that cessation of sound would be silence .(7) They were riding along in silence for a few moments, then Alia broke the silence .(8) To become a fluent writer, she argues, one must silence the critic early in the process.(9) A short silence in memory of the tsunami victims was observed at the start of the January meeting.(10) There was no wind rushing past his body, only eerie silence as he descended at breakneck speed.(11) Suddenly, the distant sound of sirens pierced the silence as the sound approached closer to the house.(12) DJs are forced to work with a limited palette, their only two tools being sound and silence .(13) Instead, his students created tiny theatre exercises, starting with silence and gradually adding sound.(14) The member did ask to be heard in silence, so therefore there should be silence .(15) His silence cannot hide the fact that this war represents a profound turning point in international relations.(16) Some scenes are hampered by an eerie tinny sound during moments of silence .
(1) dead silence :: డెడ్ నిశ్శబ్దం
(2) silence is golden :: నిశ్శబ్దం బంగారు ఉంది
(3) in silence :: మౌనం లో
(4) break the silence :: నిశ్శబ్దం విచ్ఛిన్నం
(5) suffer in silence :: మౌనంగా బాధలు
(6) deafening silence :: deafening నిశ్శబ్దం
(7) silence gives consent :: నిశ్శబ్దం సమ్మతి ఇస్తుంది
(8) moment of silence :: నిశ్శబ్దం యొక్క క్షణం
(9) pin drop silence :: పిన్ డ్రాప్ నిశ్శబ్దం
4. quiet ::
5. secrecy ::
7. quiet ::
8. muffle ::
వెచ్చగా ఉంచటానికి కప్పివుంచు
9. stop ::
10. shut up ::
1. noise ::
2. sound ::
silence, silenced, silences, silencing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...there was an awkward SILENCE,
what was I supposed to say?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
interspersed with painful
moments of SILENCE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
Silence, SILENCE, SILENCE.
Silence, it’s coming... it’s coming to me.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
English to Telugu Dictionary: silence
Meaning and definitions of silence, translation in Telugu language for silence with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of silence in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "silence"
What silence means in Telugu, silence meaning
in Telugu, silence definition, examples and pronunciation
of silence in Telugu language.