మౌనంగా ఉన్న, మాట్లాడకుండా ఉన్న
Adjective(1) marked by absence of sound(2) failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to(3) implied by or inferred from actions or statements(4) not made to sound(5) having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility(6) unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
(1) Keirah was silent , confusion written all over her pretty face.(2) Fann's 5th-grade child has often written down Chou's name in silent reminiscence.(3) Charles was silent for a moment as if lost in thought.(4) The initial letter in Bart Goor's surname is silent .(5) The house was dead silent , the only sound Piper's feet on the stairs.(6) Writing in the New York Times, Marin speaks out for the silent minority of men who wait in hope for the patter of tiny feet.(7) The courtyard was silent except for the sound of falling water, the fountain and the rain.(8) First, the Justices said that the statute is not truly silent with respect to mental state.(9) Mikah, dragged out of the room and into the hallway before he had time to protest, kept his doubts silent .(10) This long-time silent passenger was now speaking with knowledge and authority.(11) After a moment of silent contemplation I realised that he was whispering my name.(12) Arlan took the hint and fell silent on the subject until another time.(13) She knew that this wasn't the safest thing in the world to do, but after saying a quick, silent prayer, she felt much more relaxed and safe.(14) Another intriguing tidbit concerns the gakudan, the musical group that accompanied silent films.(15) The approach to Broad Street was silent but for the sound of a beating drum.(16) When we are silent in the face of accusation, the public sees us as guilty.
(1) keep silent :: నిశ్శబ్దంగా ఉండుము
(2) remain silent :: మౌనంగా ఉండటానికి
(3) silent film :: నిశ్శబ్ద చిత్రం
(4) silent partner :: నిశ్శబ్ద భాగస్వామి
(5) silent tears :: నిశ్శబ్ద కన్నీళ్లు
(6) silent auction :: నిశ్శబ్ద వేలం
(7) silent night :: నిశ్శబ్ద రాత్రి
(8) silent treatment :: నిశ్శబ్ద చికిత్స
(9) silent letter :: నిశ్శబ్ద లేఖ
(10) fall silent :: నిశ్శబ్ద వస్తాయి
1. completely quiet ::
2. speechless ::
3. unspoken ::
4. unsounded ::
5. mute ::
6. still ::
7. tacit ::
8. mum ::
1. communicative ::
2. speaking ::
silent, silenter, silentest, silently, silents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
give him the SILENT treatment.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
...not a SILENT assassination.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Farlen, you be SILENT.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
And you, mutt, you will stay SILENT.
Did you hear me?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
And I would like to be
a small and SILENT part of it.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: silent
Meaning and definitions of silent, translation in Telugu language for silent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of silent in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "silent"
What silent means in Telugu, silent meaning in Telugu, silent definition, examples and pronunciation of silent in Telugu language.