Noun(1) a point located with respect to surface features of some region(2) a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine(3) an outstanding characteristic(4) a blemish made by dirt(5) a small contrasting part of something(6) a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance(7) a business establishment for entertainment(8) a job in an organization(9) a slight attack of illness(10) a small piece or quantity of something(11) a mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit(12) a lamp that produces a strong beam of light to illuminate a restricted area; used to focus attention of a stage performer(13) a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value(14) an act that brings discredit to the person who does it
Verb(1) catch sight of(2) detect with the senses(3) mar or impair with a flaw(4) make a spot or mark onto(5) become spotted(6) mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition
(1) a spot of rain(2) The only true bright spot comes in the form of Morgan Freeman as a local bar owner.(3) They arrive at the spot where the hole is and the seminarist steps out of the Range Rover and has a look at it (the viewer still only sees, in a long shot, the side of the cliff).(4) Pit stops on the road are not so much for going to the bathroom as it is to covertly scarf down another spot of drink.(5) The only real bright spot of the evening was Navarro, who despite his band mates, still managed to wow many in attendance with his awesome guitar abilities.(6) In an inspired, hilarious nod to the past, though, she does get to do a nice spot of funky dancing when her date takes her to the icon of '70s hipness, Soul Train.(7) The bright spot in Bob's life is the fact that he has many friends.(8) Sometimes, in the darkness, I'd spot the shining eyes of the stranger, so I'd try to cool things down.(9) an ideal picnic spot(10) How else does he spot the killer before he has any evidence?(11) All looks up for Fitz until he and Nellie - doing a spot of unofficial undertaking - find a gold nugget in the dead hand of one of their clients.(12) At any rate, she's The Sweetest Thing's lone bright spot .(13) On the other side are the easily deluded, the ones who believe that a hit single or a television spot circumvents money to actually purchase happiness.(14) Only a vase of red flowers on a slanting side table and the back of a yellow chair create the sense of what makes the dog think this spot is special.(15) Treating me to a spot of food and a fresh coffee in the garden, he started to explain why you should choose to use your art to make political statements.(16) You'll find this column in its usual spot , the last editorial page in the magazine.
(1) beauty spot :: అందం స్పాట్
(2) black spot :: నల్ల మచ్చ
(3) sweet spot :: స్వీట్ స్పాట్
(4) spot check :: స్పాట్ చెక్
(5) hot spot :: హాట్ స్పాట్
(6) weak spot :: బలహీనమైన స్పాట్
(7) soft spot :: మృదువైన స్పాట్
(8) spot on :: స్పాట్
(9) vacation spot :: సెలవు స్పాట్
1. mark ::
2. place ::
3. position ::
4. predicament ::
5. point ::
6. smear ::
7. bit ::
8. touch ::
9. maculation ::
10. situation ::
11. pip ::
12. spotlight ::
13. notice ::
14. stain ::
15. blob ::
16. blemish ::
17. distinguish ::
18. spy ::
spot, spotless, spots, spotty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If you recall, when you were little
we sat right here at this very SPOT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
there isn't a SPOT for us.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
He says Wolowitz deserves my SPOT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
If you would step right here
on this blue SPOT.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
And the gold catches the light,
so you're nice and easy to SPOT at night.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: spot
Meaning and definitions of spot, translation in Telugu language for spot with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of spot in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "spot"
What spot means in Telugu, spot meaning in Telugu, spot definition, examples and pronunciation of spot in Telugu language.