Noun(1) a light evening meal; served in early evening if dinner is at midday or served late in the evening at bedtime(2) a social gathering where a light evening meal is served
(1) After they eat supper , they argue over the remnants of the basket of mushrooms.(2) we had a delicious cold supper(3) Then he'd play catch with his son for 15 or 20 or 30 minutes before supper .(4) I was sent to bed without any supper(5) He sits there for a while, but a nurse comes along and makes him get some supper .(6) She'll be having her supper on a tray, watching the sundown birds.(7) You might just end up without any supper for the evening.(8) Originating in London, the spa towns and developing seaside resorts to provide entertainment for their seasonal influx of visitors, Assemblies consisted of a concert followed by dancing, card games and a light supper .(9) a fish supper(10) The tour will be from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., followed by a light supper and social hour.(11) Card tables were set up, a good supper was enjoyed and plenty of gossip ensued.(12) But then his mom told him to clean his room and get washed up for supper .(13) Traditional Spanish tapas bars serve meat, cheese, tortillas and salads as the light evening supper , and Spanish wine flows freely, as does olive oil.(14) The three carried their supper into the living room and after a few mouthfuls of tea, picked up their instruments.(15) He chooses times of day when the lights are just coming on, twilight or early evening, when people are still awake, maybe congregating in a single room for supper or to watch TV.(16) They had all eaten poisonous mushrooms for supper, except the boy, who was denied supper as a punishment, because he had misbehaved.
(1) have supper :: రాత్రి కలిగి
(2) eat supper :: రాత్రి తినడానికి
(3) light supper :: కాంతి భోజనం
(4) the last supper :: గత రాత్రి
(5) buffet supper :: బఫే భోజనం
1. dinner ::
2. evening meal ::
3. main meal ::
4. snack ::
5. mealtime ::
6. repast ::
7. refection ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I just wanted to invite you to SUPPER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
I had it myself for SUPPER only last night.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
and bring me my SUPPER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
Supper would be nice.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
Lord Karstark, see that Ser Alton's
pen is clean, and give him a hot SUPPER.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
English to Telugu Dictionary: supper
Meaning and definitions of supper, translation in Telugu language for supper with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of supper in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "supper"
What supper means in Telugu, supper meaning in Telugu, supper definition, examples and pronunciation of supper in Telugu language.