Noun(1) electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds(2) transmitting speech at a distance
Verb(1) get or try to get into communication (with someone
(1) Please telephone him to arrange a suitable time and to indicate if you would like to have your house blessed.(2) ├ö├ç├┐We could play a game, like telephone or truth or dare,├ö├ç├û suggested Mallory.(3) After discharge, patients recorded and transmitted their rhythm by telephone daily and whenever they had symptoms suggestive of atrial fibrillation.(4) it was eight-thirty when the telephone rang, and I knew it was Chandler(5) She too spoke to school officials when problems arose relating to the children, more frequently by telephone perhaps.(6) Orlando folk can e-mail or telephone their gripes about what's wrong with life.(7) In doing so, data can be captured at every point of customer contact from order entry to fulfilment whether that contact is by telephone , fax, call center or Web site.(8) Activists ring doorbells and telephone voters in critical districts, urging supporters to get out the vote.(9) At midnight yesterday the Government imposed full control over all communication by telephone and telegraph.(10) In the future, cell phone users will be able to use Bluetooth to telephone at home via fixed-line networks.(11) Any changes of destination are notified ahead by telephone or radio so that arrival is anticipated.(12) General practitioners and patients were contacted by telephone to assess their satisfaction with the system and to determine whether further referrals for excision had been made.(13) a telephone receiver(14) The priest was able to telephone for help in spite of his serious injuries.(15) It was used in the development of the country's telephone and radio system in the 1940s.(16) a telephone call
(1) telephone number :: టెలిఫోన్ సంఖ్య
(2) telephone booth :: టెలిఫోన్ బూత్
(3) telephone call :: టెలిఫోన్ కాల్
(4) telephone directory :: టెలిఫోన్ డైరెక్టరీ
(5) telephone operator :: టెలిఫోన్ ఆపరేటర్
(6) telephone book :: టెలిఫోన్ పుస్తకం
(7) on the telephone :: టెలిఫోన్
(8) mobile telephone :: చరవాణి టెలిఫోన్
(9) to telephone :: టెలిఫోన్
(10) telephone pole :: టెలిఫోన్ పోల్
1. phone ::
2. telephony ::
3. phone ::
4. ring ::
telephone, telephoned, telephones, telephoning
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don’t bother with it, anyway,
who uses a land line TELEPHONE?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Good choice. Alexander Graham Bell
invents the TELEPHONE and calls for Watson.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
To be fair, I watched E.T. build a TELEPHONE
out of a Speak & Spell and an umbrella.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
Almost as silly as Dr. Baker
having a TELEPHONE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
Oh, I see you have
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
English to Telugu Dictionary: telephone
Meaning and definitions of telephone, translation in Telugu language for telephone with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of telephone in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "telephone"
What telephone means in Telugu, telephone meaning in Telugu, telephone definition, examples and pronunciation of telephone in Telugu language.