Noun(1) a physiological need to drink(2) strong desire for something (not food or drink
Verb(1) feel the need to drink(2) have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
(1) So while most of the city has been left to die of starvation, thirst , heat, disease and violence, a few people have some support.(2) Those who can afford to buy clean water don't die of thirst or diarrhea.(3) A drink satisfies thirst and the coaster prevents unsightly ring marks on your desk.(4) An hour or so later the doctor saw her again and said she would be discharged if her temperature returned to normal and if she was able to hold down the water she was drinking to relieve her thirst .(5) They can be surrounded with food and water but die from starvation or thirst because they have such tiny throats that makes it impossible for them to swallow.(6) his thirst for knowledge was mainly academic(7) It's very common to mistake thirst for hunger pangs, especially before bed.(8) But once we've quenched our thirst , having just ended a cross-town walk, we're more interested in food than booze.(9) A friendly efficient staff is happy to help you quench your thirst by bringing you a drink from the fully stocked bar.(10) He crushes a cobra to save his life, moves with nomads through Somalia, and waits to die from thirst beneath a truck in the Sahara.(11) They obtain most of their water from prey but will drink seawater to satisfy thirst also.(12) The men were weary with starvation and thirst , when they were eventually rescued by Solomon Islanders loyal to the Allies.(13) He told her that whoever drank of the water of heaven would never thirst again.(14) Their tragedy was bleakly mirrored by that of the Maya, who systematically exhausted their resource base, leading to death from starvation and thirst .(15) They had no access to water, so their cattle died of thirst , and they in turn were now starving to death.(16) Hundreds of thousands, millions of Hungarian people live day to day and die from starvation, thirst and poverty in our country.
(1) thirst for knowledge :: విజ్ఞాన దాహం
(2) thirst for blood :: రక్త దాహం
(3) die of thirst :: దాహం మరణిస్తారు
(4) thirst quenching :: దాహం చల్లార్చు
2. craving ::
3. hunger ::
4. crave ::
5. lust ::
1. apathy ::
athirst, thirst, thirsted, thirstily, thirsting, thirsts, thirsty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Is something wrong?
- I have a THIRST.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
If you gave that glass to a man who was dying
of THIRST, he would be dead. You know why?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
Hide it. Men have been known
to die of THIRST in these cells.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
One of the thieves had the audacity
to quench his THIRST...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
...and we're being offered a cracker
to quench our THIRST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
English to Telugu Dictionary: thirst
Meaning and definitions of thirst, translation in Telugu language for thirst with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of thirst in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "thirst"
What thirst means in Telugu, thirst meaning
in Telugu, thirst definition, examples and pronunciation
of thirst in Telugu language.