Adjective(1) located below or beneath something else(2) lower in rank, power, or authority
Adverb(1) down to defeat, death, or ruin(2) through a range downward(3) into unconsciousness(4) in or into a state of subordination or subjugation(5) below some quantity or limit(6) below the horizon(7) down below(8) further down
(1) a river runs under this street(2) They were restrained before being taken under arrest to St Aldate's Police station.(3) He skulked into the room under the pretence of finding himself a drink.(4) He is sure to maintain his heavy role within the offense under new coach Sidney Lowe.(5) It will simply conceal whatever gaps in communication there are under another layer of imprecise language.(6) she travelled under a false name(7) But the boat was sinking fast and when the stern went under , a rush of air pushed four people out of the cabin.(8) we gathered the apples that had fallen under the tree(9) file it under ├ö├ç├┐lost├ö├ç├û(10) If the item is not listed, would it fall under one of the classifications if it were?(11) A great fun night was had by all under the leadership of Quiz master Mr. Peter Guy.(12) In mist or under a covering of snow, however, navigational skills will be tested.(13) Compare and contrast, as Whitlam himself might put it, the same period under Howard.(14) He has posted heavily to the same political newsgroups under his own name.(15) Over the years the green fell into disuse and became gradually hidden under thick layers of leaves.(16) Why waste all that room under the kitchen sink by simply filling it with garbage?
(1) under- :: కింద-
(2) under construction :: నిర్మాణంలో
(3) go under :: కింద వెళ్ళి
(4) under pressure :: ఒత్తిడిలో ఉన్న
(5) under control :: పర్యవేక్షణలో
(6) under the weather :: వాతావరణ కింద
(7) under oath :: ప్రమాణం కింద
(8) under consideration :: పరిశీలనలో ఉన్నది
(9) under way :: వదలడం
(10) fall under :: వస్తాయి
(11) under review :: పరిశీలన లో ఉన్నది
1. nether ::
2. down ::
3. below ::
4. beneath ::
5. less than ::
6. subordinate to ::
7. flooded by ::
9. subject to ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
it was an honor to be UNDER your command.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
A dead king, a city UNDER siege.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
Got him hidden UNDER your cloak?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
And then, when he thought
everything was UNDER his control,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
Were you UNDER the impression that
Leonard has no complaints about you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
English to Telugu Dictionary: under
Meaning and definitions of under, translation in Telugu language for under with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of under in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "under"
What under means in Telugu, under meaning in Telugu, under definition, examples and pronunciation of under in Telugu language.