Adjective(1) characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance(2) unproductive of success
(1) Not to sound vain , but I looked really hot.(2) The game has always been controlled by wealthy people, often successful local businessmen who fritter away their fortunes on the vain hope of glory for their team.(3) She secretly changed her name three years after being jailed for life, in the vain hope that she would be able to begin a new life outside prison.(4) As I stood outside the store, battered by the merciless, penetrating wind, I was reminded of days when I'd wear two pairs of pyjamas under my uniform in a vain attempt to keep warm.(5) The scream carried a vain hope that someone would do something to intervene.(6) Many even stayed in the vain hope of catching a glimpse of their idol.(7) From what I could gather, he was being sent around to cold-call upon the local residents in a vain attempt to convert them to the service of his electricity utility provider.(8) This archbishop has, in my opinion, been a vain and self-aggrandising man throughout.(9) Actually, I'm not being quite as vain as it may seem.(10) By and large I'm all for the right to speak your mind and give your opinion as long as it's of worth and not just some vain criticism thrown out for the sake of it.(11) The way he's overcome adversity has been a real inspiration - and in a vain attempt to copy him I'm following his training programme as I prepare for my first duathlon.(12) It's not a vain boast on the evidence of this season.(13) He was vain , egotistical, boorish and gloriously insensitive.(14) Many of us seem to entertain the vain hope that ignorance will confer innocence, that by denying the consequences of our complicity, it will be as if it never happened.(15) Deregulation has meant that for once anyone waiting for a cab during the Christmas period will not have to spend a bone-rattling hour or so in the vain hope a taxi will come by.(16) A man should be clean and confident in his appearance, but not vain or pretentious.
(1) in vain :: ఫలించలేదు
(2) waiting in vain :: వ్యర్ధముగా నిరీక్షిస్తున్నాను
(3) wait in vain :: ఫలించలేదు వేచి
(4) vain attempt :: ఫలించలేదు ప్రయత్నం
(5) not in vain :: ఫలించలేదు
(6) vain hope :: ఫలించలేదు ఆశ
(7) try in vain :: ఫలించలేదు ప్రయత్నించండి
1. conceited ::
2. futile ::
1. humble ::
2. modest ::
vain, vainer, vainest, vainly
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
having spared her life would be in VAIN."
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
We are weak, VAIN creatures.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
English to Telugu Dictionary: vain
Meaning and definitions of vain, translation in Telugu language for vain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of vain in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "vain"
What vain means in Telugu, vain meaning in Telugu, vain definition, examples and pronunciation of vain in Telugu language.