Noun(1) the sound made by something moving rapidly or by steam coming out of a small aperture(2) the act of signalling (e.g., summoning(3) a small wind instrument that produces a whistling sound by blowing into it(4) acoustic device that forces air or steam against an edge or into a cavity and so produces a loud shrill sound(5) an inexpensive fipple flute
Verb(1) make whistling sounds(2) move with, or as with, a whistling sound(3) utter or express by whistling(4) move, send, or bring as if by whistling(5) make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound(6) give a signal by whistling
(1) The teacher took out his whistle and signaled to begin.(2) As he summarized the events and claimed his Stasi was still solidly in control, deputies began to hoot and whistle in derision.(3) the kettle began to whistle(4) As the referee's whistle sounded to signal the foul, Mark crashed hard, landing awkwardly on his left ankle.(5) the referee did not whistle for a foul(6) Justin gave a low whistle as he signaled to a waiter for a seat.(7) To my surprise I could whistle the entire guitar solo - it's been locked in my brain all these years, waiting.(8) The kettle began to whistle , and she broke herself out of her reverie and made two mugs of tea.(9) And I don't think many people know of another trait of this many-faceted genius: that he could whistle beautifully.(10) When it began to whistle she took it off and poured the hot water into two mugs.(11) ├ö├ç├┐The wind used to whistle through the door but not any longer,├ö├ç├û said Mr Ellis, who has lived in the house for 15 years.(12) Brian Foste's well struck shot to goalie Tom Nolan's left was greeted by cheers by the home supporters and less than a minute later the final whistle sounded.(13) For example, on one occasion he embarked on the story of his first marriage and ended up telling me how he likes to whistle tunes in the street.(14) Apparently the fans were enjoying the proceedings on the pitch when Banda pre-maturely blew the whistle to signal the end of the thrilling encounter.(15) He got his first musical instrument - a whistle , at the age of seven from a neighbour, Bernie Marren.(16) Hall, a close friend of the 20-year-old, was especially delighted that Routledge received a standing ovation on the final whistle .
(1) blow the whistle :: ఈల ఊదు
(2) to whistle :: విజిల్
(3) tin whistle :: టిన్ విజిల్
(4) dog whistle :: కుక్క విజిల్
(5) whistle of the wind :: గాలి విజిల్
(6) wolf whistle :: తోడేలు విజిల్
1. pennywhistle ::
2. tin whistle ::
3. sing ::
whistle, whistled, whistles, whistling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And if that wets your WHISTLE,
you know where to find me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
[crowd cheering, WHISTLE blowing
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
When you hear
a songbird's WHISTLE, you come.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
Can I blow the WHISTLE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Telugu Dictionary: whistle
Meaning and definitions of whistle, translation in Telugu language for whistle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of whistle in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "whistle"
What whistle means in Telugu, whistle meaning in Telugu, whistle definition, examples and pronunciation of whistle in Telugu language.