Adjective(1) filled with fear or apprehension(2) filled with regret or concern; used often to soften an unpleasant statement(3) feeling worry or concern or insecurity(4) having feelings of aversion or unwillingness
(1) Another part of me is afraid that it's temporary and that I'm not going to be able to hold onto it.(2) I'm afraid that, when it comes right down to it, this is the one that's likely to be closest to the truth.(3) However, the truth is that in their heart of hearts, quite a few adults are afraid of deep water.(4) It is now the political leaders who drove the politics of fear who look most afraid .(5) It got a lot of media attention, and local art officials were afraid that too many people would show up to watch.(6) These men might be afraid of her now, but that fear would only last as long as she could keep her power flowing.(7) They felt nervous about walking home in the dark; they were afraid of evil spirits.(8) We all understand self-indulgence but are afraid that self-denial might be beyond us.(9) We cannot be afraid of the threat of foreign powers because times are changing.(10) I am afraid that now that I am a bit better things are not going to change much.(11) The greatest trick is to not to show that you are afraid of something.(12) I spent most of the film afraid that something terrible would happen to a child, explicitly or not.(13) In consequence we are becoming a tight-lipped silent majority afraid to rise above the parapet.(14) He said that he was afraid that people would not come and stay around the town if there was a concert.(15) They kill and maim people and are too afraid to take the consequences of their actions.(16) It is not just passengers who are afraid of flying - airline employees are fearful too.
(1) be afraid :: బయపడకండి
(2) afraid of :: భయపడు
(3) to be afraid :: భయపడినట్లు
(4) be afraid of :: భయపడినట్లు
(5) afraid of the dark :: కృష్ణ యొక్క భయపడ్డారు
(6) feel afraid :: భయపడ్డారు అనుభూతి
1. frightened ::
2. reluctant ::
3. sorry ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Like you're AFRAID
that if you touch her, she'll break.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
I am AFRAID.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
...because he's AFRAID of being alone?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
Oh, I am AFRAID.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
No, I'm AFRAID not.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
English to Telugu Dictionary: afraid
Meaning and definitions of afraid, translation in Telugu language for afraid with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of afraid in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "afraid"
What afraid means in Telugu, afraid meaning in Telugu, afraid definition, examples and pronunciation of afraid in Telugu language.