Adverb(1) on one occasion(2) as soon as(3) at a previous time
(1) I have already written about this once on my website and I can assure you I will be doing so again tomorrow.(2) once out of prison they're back in the same community(3) More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.(4) he never once complained(5) once every three years(6) She knew how tired he must be after all that he'd endured, but he had not complained once .(7) But Eugenie says that once men have the know-how, they look wonderful dancing salsa.(8) Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once , at lunchtime.(9) Lord Lansdowne said the estate has only covered its losses once in the past 13 years.(10) once the grapes were pressed, the juice was put into barrels(11) Now 70, he is an inveterate inventor, the kind that Britain was once famous for.(12) Labels tell the public how to cook the food - this was once part of the of the family butcher's role.(13) Sevenoaks Motor Club understood that once improvements had been finished it could resume racing in the park.(14) The day started at a quarter past six and once the cows were milked, the milk would go to the dairy.(15) Nowadays, this once controversial play is on the Irish school curriculum.(16) For this once booming town in the former Democratic Republic of Germany now has a more dubious claim to fame.
(1) once upon a time :: ఒకానొకప్పుడు
(2) at once :: ఒకేసారి
(3) once again :: మరొక సారి
(4) once a week :: వారానికి ఒక సారి
(5) once more :: ఇంకొక సారి
(6) once in a while :: అప్పుడప్పుడు
(7) all at once :: అన్ని ఒకేసారి
(8) once a month :: నెలకొక్క సారి
(9) once a day :: రోజుకి ఒక్కసారి
(10) only once :: ఒకే ఒక్క సారి
1. on one occasion ::
2. ever ::
3. formerly ::
5. at one time ::
6. as soon as ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Sweetie, ONCE you stop paying rent,
none of this is really yours.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
She wrote that
in a birthday card ONCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
But you ONCE spoke to me
of breaking the wheel.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
He ONCE killed a man for snoring.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
As rock and roll bad boy,
Paul Simon, ONCE said,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
English to Telugu Dictionary: once
Meaning and definitions of once, translation in Telugu language for once with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of once in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "once"
What once means in Telugu, once meaning in Telugu, once definition, examples and pronunciation of once in Telugu language.