Noun(1) a period of time containing 365 (or 366(2) a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity(3) the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars(4) a body of students who graduate together
(1) One of his tutors at Cambridge described him as a very good student but certainly not the top student in his year .(2) in the year 1991(3) a year later(4) we'll be there for a year(5) he's the youngest in his year(6) she's in the second year of the degree(7) she spent a year there(8) the Muslim year(9) it's a year late(10) Calendar dates of events vary slightly because there is not an exact number of solar days in a year .(11) in the year of our Lord 1979(12) The Claimant is a final year student at the Chelsea College of Article.(13) We have made it compulsory for the first year students to attend classes twice a week in the lab.(14) In essence the year is split into four equal seasons, each lasting 91 days plus a bit.(15) they're paid by the year(16) it's almost a year since his heart attack
(1) last year :: గత సంవత్సరం
(2) next year :: వచ్చే సంవత్సరం
(3) this year :: ఈ సంవత్సరం
(4) every year :: ప్రతి సంవత్సరం
(5) year of birth :: పుట్టిన సంవత్సరం
(6) leap year :: లీపు సంవత్సరం
(7) fiscal year :: ఆర్థిక సంవత్సరం
(8) per year :: సంవత్సరానికి
1. twelve-month period ::
పన్నెండు నెలల కాలంలో
2. class ::
3. twelvemonth ::
year, yearlies, yearly, years
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Last YEAR was
our best YEAR yet.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Do you know how much gold was mined
in the Westerlands this past YEAR?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Winterfell may defy us for a YEAR,
but what of it?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Junior has been through
a lot already this YEAR.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
My crew would wait on deck
for a YEAR if I asked them to.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Telugu Dictionary: year
Meaning and definitions of year, translation in Telugu language for year with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of year in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "year"
What year means in Telugu, year meaning in Telugu, year definition, examples and pronunciation of year in Telugu language.