Noun(1) fear resulting from the awareness of danger(2) a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event(3) an automatic signal (usually a sound(4) a clock that wakes a sleeper at some preset time
Verb(1) fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised(2) warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness
(1) She turned around in alarm , fearing he had taken off and was really going to follow through with his joke of leaving her by herself.(2) Ken looked above him in alarm and watched in shock as dirt, stones, support beams, all toppled on top of Ken, completely burying him alive.(3) they disabled the alarm and used a glass cutter to get in(4) Coastguards were alerted by the woman's friend, a 14-year-old girl, who managed to swim ashore to raise the alarm .(5) Occasionally we can see young men reacting to the declaration of pregnancy, always with alarm and fear.(6) An alarm can be set to go off once, daily, weekly, monthly or annually, with very flexible scheduling.(7) It's like a silent alarm ringing on a carefully coded genetic clock.(8) His apparent failure to notice that the pressure system was still on manual reportedly resulted in a warning alarm being sounded at 10,000 ft.(9) He gave the alarm and Miss Minnie Moore, housekeeper of the hotel, ran from room to room - sometimes in dense smoke - to rouse other occupants.(10) Oliver smelled smoke and gave the alarm(11) Mr Wynn, an 18-year-old archaeology student at the University of York, managed to escape and raise the alarm .(12) Mr Rushton contacted his wife to raise the alarm .(13) Beth Rodden calls out in alarm from the other portaledge.(14) the boat tilted and the boatmen cried out in alarm(15) We cannot help but wonder with alarm : how many more colleagues with some sense of shame and conscience will follow the footsteps of Li Fang?(16) Jeff Griffiths, 61, was one of the first to raise the alarm .
(1) alarm clock :: అలారం గడియారం
(2) burglar alarm :: దొంగల అలారం
(3) alarm system :: అలారం వ్యవస్థ
(4) ring the alarm :: అలారం మోగించిన
(5) false alarm :: తప్పుడు అలారం
(6) set the alarm clock :: అలారం గడియారం సెట్
(7) smoke alarm :: పొగ హెచ్చరిక
(8) alarm bell :: అలారం గంట
(9) car alarm :: కారు అలారం
(10) radio alarm clock :: రేడియో అలారం క్లాక్
1. fear ::
2. warning ::
4. dismay ::
5. warning device ::
6. alarm clock ::
7. frighten ::
8. dismay ::
9. alert ::
alarm, alarmed, alarming, alarmist, alarmists, alarms
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
[CAR ALARM CHIRPS]
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
(ALARM BELL RINGING)
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
[DOOR ALARM DlNGlNG]
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 9
-Why did the ALARM go off?
-I don’t know.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
Quick, pull the fire ALARM,
let's get out of here.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
English to Telugu Dictionary: alarm
Meaning and definitions of alarm, translation in Telugu language for alarm with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of alarm in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "alarm"
What alarm means in Telugu, alarm meaning
in Telugu, alarm definition, examples and pronunciation
of alarm in Telugu language.