Noun(1) the act of delivering a blow with the foot(2) the swift release of a store of affective force(3) the backward jerk of a gun when it is fired(4) informal terms for objecting(5) the sudden stimulation provided by strong drink (or certain drugs(6) a rhythmic thrusting movement of the legs as in swimming or calisthenics
Verb(1) drive or propel with the foot(2) thrash about or strike out with the feet(3) strike with the foot(4) kick a leg up(5) spring back, as from a forceful thrust(6) stop consuming(7) make a goal(8) express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness
(1) Since his arrest he has been to Gamblers Anonymous sessions in Bristol in a bid to kick the spiralling habit.(2) The colonel responded with a swift kick that sent him sprawling.(3) For people trying to kick the cigarette habit, gums, patches, lollipops, and lip balms that contain nicotine are often useful.(4) the jogging kick(5) Scott's kick went wide of the goal(6) They made a flying start with a penalty in the first minute by Andrew Mawdsley, but that was quickly countered by a successful kick from Paul Branthwaite.(7) Soon afterwards Schofield steered his side forward with an excellent 50 yard kick and only his subsequent poor pass prevented Redcar increasing their lead.(8) On any given day there are literally thousands of people trying to kick the smoking habit.(9) They started on fire and an accurate cross kick from scrum half Barry Corbett put right winger Jon Cole in for an early unconverted try.(10) Doncaster went ahead after three minutes when York failed to deal with an up-and-under kick and the home scrum-half scored unopposed.(11) Captain Michelle Harrison took the kick and floated the ball high across the six-yard box.(12) I tried the door one more time before giving it a good kick .(13) As Hastings's kick sailed wide, the normally restrained England winger Rory Underwood let slip a four-letter expletive in surprise.(14) The gloss on a stunning score came when Stephens converted the touchline kick , giving Kendal a 22-0 lead.(15) their guns kick so hard that they have developed a bad case of flinching(16) He felt the kick of the sniper rifle in his hands.
(1) kick out :: కిక్
(2) to kick :: వదలివేయడానికి
(3) free kick :: ఫ్రీ కిక్
(4) kick-off :: తన్నివేయుట
(5) kick the bucket :: బకెట్ వదలివేయడానికి
(6) kick in :: లో వదలివేయడానికి
(7) kick the ball :: బంతి కిక్
(8) penalty kick :: పెనాల్టీ కిక్
1. boot ::
2. thrill ::
3. potency ::
4. craze ::
5. recoil ::
7. bitch ::
8. flush ::
9. boot ::
10. give up ::
11. kick back ::
12. plain ::
1. crow ::
2. delight ::
3. rejoice ::
kick, kicked, kicker, kickers, kicking, kicks, kicky
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He has a strong KICK.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
we KICK each other
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
We gotta KICK Pinkman loose.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
If you run into crocodiles,
just KICK them with your boots.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
let one of their cheerleaders
try to KICK a field goal.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
English to Telugu Dictionary: kick
Meaning and definitions of kick, translation in Telugu
language for kick with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of kick in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'kick'
What kick means in Telugu, kick meaning
in Telugu, kick
definition, examples and pronunciation
of kick in Telugu language.