Noun(1) a structure that provides privacy and protection from danger(2) protective covering that provides protection from the weather(3) the condition of being protected(4) a way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings(5) temporary housing for homeless or displaced persons
Verb(1) provide shelter for(2) invest (money
(1) During a shower of rain I shelter under a canopy.(2) Police cars drove at speed through the streets, their loudspeakers ordering pedestrians to take shelter or hide under cover of tall buildings.(3) Over time, this would shelter most investment income from taxation, leaving taxes mainly on wage-and-salary income.(4) he hung back in the shelter of a rock(5) We will guard the portals between these two realms, and we will shelter your people if they return.(6) the shelter sees many dogs which have been dumped on Dartmoor(7) Far too frequently their proponents take shelter behind a sort of eclectic individualism.(8) VIP participants have volunteered at a homeless shelter , a food bank or the Red Cross.(9) Lying alone in a tiny cavern barely large enough to shelter one person, I listen as the wind rustles through the grasses and the rain pelts the sandy soil.(10) you're welcome to take shelter from the storm(11) So, assuming that you do have rental income to shelter , how can you go about choosing an investment property that will work for you?(12) The first of these follows the effect of high tax rates on the incentive to generate taxable income or to shelter income by legitimate means - tax avoidance.(13) The people at the MCA, on the other hand, come in to shelter from the weather or when the guys who juggle kittens and chain saws take a break.(14) However, there is bad news for wealthy families who use trusts to shelter assets from tax.(15) The week after she died, we received a phone call to transport the animals to the shelter .(16) Waterford is also an effective port of refuge for Irish and foreign trawlers to shelter from bad weather, which I saw for myself when in the port.
(1) animal shelter :: పశు నివాసం
(2) homeless shelter :: నిరాశ్రయులకు ఆశ్రయం
(3) bus shelter :: బస్సు ఆశ్రయం
(4) to shelter :: ఆశ్రయం
(5) take shelter :: ఆశ్రయం తీసుకో
(6) bomb shelter :: బాంబు ఆశ్రయం
(7) fallout shelter :: పతనం ఆశ్రయం
(8) seek shelter :: ఆశ్రయం కోరుకుంటారు
(9) tax shelter :: పన్ను ఆశ్రయం
(10) find shelter :: ఆశ్రయం కనుగొనేందుకు
1. protection ::
2. sanctuary ::
3. tax shelter ::
4. protect ::
5. take shelter ::
shelter, sheltered, sheltering, shelters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Here? There's no SHELTER here.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Put an ad in the paper,
drop him off at a SHELTER.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
It's as good a place to SHELTER as any.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
to feed all former slaves
and barracks to SHELTER them.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
There's no SHELTER anywhere.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
English to Telugu Dictionary: shelter
Meaning and definitions of shelter, translation in Telugu
language for shelter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shelter in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'shelter'
What shelter means in Telugu, shelter meaning
in Telugu, shelter
definition, examples and pronunciation
of shelter in Telugu language.