Adjective(1) important in effect or meaning(2) of considerable importance, size, or worth(3) too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a systematic relation(4) rich in significance or implication
(1) a significant amount of money(2) The data indicate that ethnicity is a significant factor in the development and course of the disease.(3) she's one of our most significant poets(4) Most significant of all, we felt, was that so many divers were keen enough to queue up to have their fitness checked.(5) Max's published work, as significant and substantial as it is, is not what we will remember him by.(6) we've made significant progress today(7) Yes, but these disappearing acts are significant because they are symbolic of a wider truth.(8) she gave him a significant look(9) As for adultery, it is significant that Santorum suggests it should be treated as a crime.(10) There is no doubt that this was a serious injury with significant orthopaedic and cosmetic consequences.(11) significant changes(12) A rise in temperature of this kind would have a significant effect on the distribution of vegetation.(13) This could be the only significant side effect possibly related to the product use.(14) Yet the British music scene has always been an early indicator of significant social and political change.(15) This has the makings of a very significant case of very considerable legal importance.(16) The walls are covered with photographs marking significant moments in Wood Group's history.
(1) significant other :: ఇతర ముఖ్యమైన
(2) significant figures :: ప్రాముఖ్యమైన గణాంకాలు
(3) significant influence :: గణనీయమైన ప్రభావం
(4) most significant :: అతిప్రాధాన్యమైన
(5) least significant :: కనీసం ముఖ్యమైన
(6) significant digits :: ముఖ్యమైన అంకెలు
(7) significant figure :: ప్రముఖ వ్యక్తిగా
(8) more significant :: మరింత ముఖ్యమైన
(9) highly significant :: అత్యంత ముఖ్యమైన
(10) most significant bit :: అత్యంత ముఖ్యమైన బిట్
1. notable ::
2. meaningful ::
3. pregnant ::
4. substantial ::
5. important ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I hear you owe that boy a SIGNIFICANT debt.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Well, you've lived with
your SIGNIFICANT other for some time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
it will represent a SIGNIFICANT rise
in your station.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
...to make any SIGNIFICANT contribution
to physics played a trick on you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
English to Telugu Dictionary: significant
Meaning and definitions of significant, translation in Telugu
language for significant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of significant in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'significant'
What significant means in Telugu, significant meaning
in Telugu, significant
definition, examples and pronunciation
of significant in Telugu language.