Adjective(1) located below or beneath something else(2) lower in rank, power, or authority
Adverb(1) down to defeat, death, or ruin(2) through a range downward(3) into unconsciousness(4) in or into a state of subordination or subjugation(5) below some quantity or limit(6) below the horizon(7) down below(8) further down
(1) a river runs under this street(2) They were restrained before being taken under arrest to St Aldate's Police station.(3) He skulked into the room under the pretence of finding himself a drink.(4) He is sure to maintain his heavy role within the offense under new coach Sidney Lowe.(5) It will simply conceal whatever gaps in communication there are under another layer of imprecise language.(6) she travelled under a false name(7) But the boat was sinking fast and when the stern went under , a rush of air pushed four people out of the cabin.(8) we gathered the apples that had fallen under the tree(9) file it under ├ö├ç├┐lost├ö├ç├û(10) If the item is not listed, would it fall under one of the classifications if it were?(11) A great fun night was had by all under the leadership of Quiz master Mr. Peter Guy.(12) In mist or under a covering of snow, however, navigational skills will be tested.(13) Compare and contrast, as Whitlam himself might put it, the same period under Howard.(14) He has posted heavily to the same political newsgroups under his own name.(15) Over the years the green fell into disuse and became gradually hidden under thick layers of leaves.(16) Why waste all that room under the kitchen sink by simply filling it with garbage?
(1) under- :: కింద-
(2) under construction :: నిర్మాణంలో
(3) go under :: కింద వెళ్ళి
(4) under pressure :: ఒత్తిడిలో ఉన్న
(5) under control :: పర్యవేక్షణలో
(6) under the weather :: వాతావరణ కింద
(7) under oath :: ప్రమాణం కింద
(8) under consideration :: పరిశీలనలో ఉన్నది
(9) under way :: వదలడం
(10) fall under :: వస్తాయి
(11) under review :: పరిశీలన లో ఉన్నది
1. nether ::
2. down ::
3. below ::
4. beneath ::
5. less than ::
6. subordinate to ::
7. flooded by ::
9. subject to ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...I don't care for luau, toga
or UNDER the sea.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
Excuse me, 30 what UNDER 30 what
to watch what?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
Yeah, plus, if you leave,
Alfred will know he got UNDER your skin.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
I'm gonna roll up a nice clean towel
like this and put it UNDER.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
I might need to sleep with a gun
UNDER my pillow. Or a chainsaw.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
English to Telugu Dictionary: under
Meaning and definitions of under, translation in Telugu
language for under with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of under in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'under'
What under means in Telugu, under meaning
in Telugu, under
definition, examples and pronunciation
of under in Telugu language.