Noun(1) the bulb of an onion plant(2) bulbous plant having hollow leaves cultivated worldwide for its rounded edible bulb(3) an aromatic flavorful vegetable
(1) The onion rings had a charming light batter on them, but the frozen French fries were poor.(2) cook the onion in the oil until lightly coloured(3) Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot, and cook the onion for five minutes.(4) Melt half the butter in a shallow pan and cook the onion till soft and tender, stirring from time to time.(5) Fry the onion in the olive oil in a large frying pan, stirring occasionally, until it begins to colour.(6) In another saucepan cook the garlic and spring onions in the vegetable oil until the onion is soft but not brown.(7) onion rings(8) Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion , ginger and cumin seeds for 5 min.(9) Fork through the remaining butter with the peas, then spoon on to a warmed platter in a mound and scatter over the onion rings.(10) One of the oldest known herbs, garlic, is grown like an onion until the tops yellow and fall over.(11) Heat the olive oil and cook the onion gently for 5 minutes, or until lightly golden.(12) Warm the olive oil in a shallow pan, peel and finely slice the onion and let it cook slowly in the oil with the bay leaf.(13) Sweat the onion and diced vegetables in a little olive oil, they should soften and turn golden without browning.(14) Warm the oil in a shallow pan then cook the onions , chillies and garlic till soft but not coloured.(15) Heat up some olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions on medium heat for a few minutes.(16) The saucy, oniony beans and yellow rice make it homey.
(1) onion soup :: ఉల్లిపాయ సూప్
(2) onion ring :: ఉల్లిపాయ రింగ్
(3) green onion :: ఆకుపచ్చ ఉల్లిపాయ
(4) spring onion :: వసంత ఉల్లిపాయ
(5) yellow onion :: పసుపు ఉల్లిపాయ
(6) pickled onion :: ఊరవేసిన ఉల్లిపాయలు
(7) chopped green onion :: తరిగిన పచ్చి ఉల్లిపాయలు
1. onion ::
2. leek ::
3. eschalot ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Some highborn fools call you Onion Knight
and think they insult you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Onion Knight. Ser Onion Knight.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Ah, the Onion Knight.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
- It's one ONION ring.
- Just put it back before he comes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
Onion dip. It's ONION dip.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
English to Telugu Dictionary: onion
Meaning and definitions of onion, translation in Telugu language for onion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of onion in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "onion"
What onion means in Telugu, onion meaning in Telugu, onion definition, examples and pronunciation of onion in Telugu language.