Noun(1) the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
Adjective(1) denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units
(1) One thousand cards were sold and the new postal service quickly served to make the cards popular.(2) I am sure if a thousand other officers did the same thing we would have changes.(3) As has been uttered a thousand times, it is not your common or garden Scottish golf course.(4) You can be stuck in a hotel, a thousand miles away in a different time zone, and it is never glamorous.(5) it weighs a thousand kilograms(6) a thousand of them are qualified(7) My daughter now goes to nursery, which over the course of a year costs several thousand pounds.(8) Ten thousand calendars will be printed but the couple hope there will be enough demand for a lot more.(9) a thousand minus three hundred makes seven hundred(10) Three and a half thousand people die on the roads each year - the casualty list of a sizeable war.(11) He was one of ten thousand soldiers to take part in the battle and only two thousand returned home.(12) she only wants a thousand(13) a thousand of his animals are sick(14) I bought a thousand of the shares(15) They were given up to seven or eight thousand pounds a week and three-year contracts.(16) It sounded as though a thousand suicides were howling in anguish in their eternal punishment.
(1) one thousand :: వెయ్యి
(2) two thousand :: రెండు వేలు
(3) ten thousand :: పది వేలు
(4) five thousand :: ఐదు వేలు
(5) four thousand :: నాలుగు వేలు
(6) one hundred thousand :: ఒక లక్ష
(7) three thousand :: మూడు వేలు
(8) hundred thousand :: లక్ష
(9) fifty thousand :: యాభై వేలు
(10) eight thousand :: ఎనిమిది వేలు
2. chiliad ::
3. m ::
4. yard ::
5. grand ::
6. thou ::
7. one thousand ::
8. grand ::
10. thou ::
thousand, thousands, thousandth, thousandths
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- I'll bring you a THOUSAND ships.
- Please, Khaleesi, I beg you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
And that, little lady,
is pi to a THOUSAND places.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
I'd say it's a THOUSAND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
By your third birthday, you had memorized
over a THOUSAND different kinds of trains.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
Do you know what cost that is?
Two hundred THOUSAND dollars.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
English to Telugu Dictionary: thousand
Meaning and definitions of thousand, translation in Telugu language for thousand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of thousand in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "thousand"
What thousand means in Telugu, thousand meaning in Telugu, thousand definition, examples and pronunciation of thousand in Telugu language.