Adverb(1) on one occasion(2) as soon as(3) at a previous time
(1) I have already written about this once on my website and I can assure you I will be doing so again tomorrow.(2) once out of prison they're back in the same community(3) More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.(4) he never once complained(5) once every three years(6) She knew how tired he must be after all that he'd endured, but he had not complained once .(7) But Eugenie says that once men have the know-how, they look wonderful dancing salsa.(8) Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once , at lunchtime.(9) Lord Lansdowne said the estate has only covered its losses once in the past 13 years.(10) once the grapes were pressed, the juice was put into barrels(11) Now 70, he is an inveterate inventor, the kind that Britain was once famous for.(12) Labels tell the public how to cook the food - this was once part of the of the family butcher's role.(13) Sevenoaks Motor Club understood that once improvements had been finished it could resume racing in the park.(14) The day started at a quarter past six and once the cows were milked, the milk would go to the dairy.(15) Nowadays, this once controversial play is on the Irish school curriculum.(16) For this once booming town in the former Democratic Republic of Germany now has a more dubious claim to fame.
(1) once upon a time :: ఒకానొకప్పుడు
(2) at once :: ఒకేసారి
(3) once again :: మరొక సారి
(4) once a week :: వారానికి ఒక సారి
(5) once more :: ఇంకొక సారి
(6) once in a while :: అప్పుడప్పుడు
(7) all at once :: అన్ని ఒకేసారి
(8) once a month :: నెలకొక్క సారి
(9) once a day :: రోజుకి ఒక్కసారి
(10) only once :: ఒకే ఒక్క సారి
1. on one occasion ::
2. ever ::
3. formerly ::
5. at one time ::
6. as soon as ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I felt something
for you ONCE, you know?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
They might have been Night's Watch ONCE,
not any more.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
So I'll only ask you ONCE, Lord Snow...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Once we take care of that,
well, yeah, then they got nothing.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 10
Let's see if for ONCE in your life you
fucking finish what you have started.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
English to Telugu Dictionary: once
Meaning and definitions of once, translation in Telugu language for once with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of once in Telugu and in English
Tags for the entry "once"
What once means in Telugu, once meaning
in Telugu, once definition, examples and pronunciation
of once in Telugu language.