Noun(1) a position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable(2) a small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail(3) a time assigned on a schedule or agenda(4) a position in a hierarchy or organization(5) the trail of an animal (especially a deer(6) (computer(7) a slot machine that is used for gambling
Verb(1) assign a time slot
(1) She inserts a piece of metal in to the card slot of the ATM machine, then when the card gets stuck she advises the user to re-enter their pin number while taking note of it herself.(2) Once you park, get to the machine nearest to your car, insert a five rupee coin at the slot provided and type your car registration number.(3) he slid a coin into the slot of the jukebox(4) Beck watched as Clark reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, thin plastic card, which he inserted into a slot underneath the key.(5) It's easy to find a bit that fits the screw slot properly.(6) It is listened to by more than 15,000 people every week and the Somali slot will be broadcast from 7.40 to 7.55 pm.(7) It has to be inserted into a slot inside your PC in order to work.(8) But it's just a format, the way a magazine or a slot of television time is a format.(9) They noticed the cashpoint slot was narrow, and when the card was retained they remained by the machine for further instructions - but nothing happened.(10) It generally requires slotting the card into the AGP port and securing it to the slot via a screw.(11) The special edition programme will be broadcast in the regular time slot on BBC ONE in summer 2005.(12) The woman is trying to slip quarters into the machine slot with one hand while struggling to hold on to the feisty girl with her other hand.(13) The new series will be filmed in London and is due to go out in a lunchtime slot on BBC ONE.(14) I looked more closely, and realized that the deep, circular groove in the metal plate that surrounded the slot was more than decorative engraving.(15) Quickly, she sealed it and without looking dropped it into the slot marked ├ö├ç├┐out of town mail.├ö├ç├û(16) He found a quarter with his index finger, picked it up and pushed it into the coin slot on the face of the machine.
(1) slot machine :: స్లాట్ యంత్రం
(2) time slot :: సమయ విభాగం
(3) card slot :: స్థిరపత్రికా ద్వారం
(4) expansion slot :: విస్తరణ స్లాట్
(5) coin slot :: నాణెం స్లాట్
(6) mail slot :: మెయిల్ ఖాళీతో
(7) slot in :: లో స్లాట్
(8) key slot :: కీ స్లాట్
1. aperture ::
2. spot ::
3. time slot ::
4. expansion slot ::
5. one-armed bandit ::
ఒక సాయుధ బందిపోటు
6. insert ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And I know you were there
because I saw you through the mail SLOT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
You know I only have
one SLOT available
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
for the number eight
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
...and he put his name down
on every SLOT for the next six months.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
English to Telugu Dictionary: slot
Meaning and definitions of slot, translation in Telugu language for slot with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of slot in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "slot"
What slot means in Telugu, slot meaning in Telugu, slot definition, examples and pronunciation of slot in Telugu language.