Noun(1) a geometric element that has position but no extension(2) the precise location of something; a spatially limited location(3) a brief version of the essential meaning of something(4) an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole(5) a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process(6) an instant of time(7) the object of an activity(8) a V shape(9) a very small circular shape(10) the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest(11) a promontory extending out into a large body of water(12) a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list(13) a style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect(14) an outstanding characteristic(15) sharp end(16) any of 32 horizontal directions indicated on the card of a compass
Verb(1) indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively(2) be oriented(3) direct into a position for use(4) direct the course; determine the direction of travelling(5) be a signal for or a symptom of(6) sail close to the wind(7) mark (Hebrew words(8) mark with diacritics(9) mark (a psalm text(10) be positionable in a specified manner(11) intend (something(12) indicate the presence of (game(13) give a point to(14) repair the joints of bricks
(1) Grant says the point is that no one knows what it's like to be Lauren or what's going on inside her head.(2) As proof, we point to the fact that the same author also wrote six books predicting the end of the world.(3) there was no point at all to his story(4) the point of his dagger(5) If you met me you would probably just point and laugh and I wouldn't blame you.(6) The hounds made an eight mile point in a little over 45 minutes.(7) What is the point of drawing up plans if they're not going to be adhered to?(8) I was on the point of approaching but I didn't have the courage in case he told me to clear off.(9) I felt then like I would never go back to work until we had won our point .(10) she'll point you to whatever you need(11) Footnote numbering in the text should be placed after the full point at the end of a sentence.(12) The architect later wrote to say that yes, the cement would probably outlast all of them, but that was not quite the point .(13) The quarter percentage point rise alone is unlikely to push your finances over the edge.(14) It is patently obvious that the health service is on the point of collapse.(15) Wig pins are small and usually have a sharp point at one end to help the pins penetrate the wig piece.(16) on this point we're all agreed
(1) point out :: ఎత్తి చూపు
(2) point of view :: ఆ కోణంలో
(3) power point :: పవర్ పాయింట్
(4) turning point :: మలుపు
(5) melting point :: ద్రవీభవన స్థానం
(6) focal point :: ఫోకల్ పాయింట్
(7) point to :: పాయింట్
(8) starting point :: ప్రారంభ స్థానం
(9) at this point :: ఈ సమయంలో
(10) boiling point :: మరుగు స్థానము
1. tip ::
2. pinpoint ::
3. place ::
4. time ::
5. level ::
6. detail ::
7. heart of the matter ::
విషయం యొక్క గుండె
8. purpose ::
9. attribute ::
10. promontory ::
11. point in time ::
సమయంలో ఒక ఘడియ
12. spot ::
13. head ::
15. compass point ::
16. gunpoint ::
17. percentage point ::
18. dot ::
19. power point ::
20. item ::
21. stage ::
22. stop ::
23. aim ::
24. indicate ::
25. orient ::
26. signal ::
27. charge ::
28. luff ::
29. guide ::
30. repoint ::
31. target ::
32. sharpen ::
point, pointed, pointing, points, pointy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Is the POINT that you don't know
when to let something go?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
I mean, the POINT here is
to make money, right?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
A valid POINT, but unoriginal. B-minus.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
At that POINT, the other hostages
will stop fearing us.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
I'd like to POINT out, I voted for orangutan...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
English to Telugu Dictionary: point
Meaning and definitions of point, translation in Telugu
language for point with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of point in Telugu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'point'
What point means in Telugu, point meaning
in Telugu, point
definition, examples and pronunciation
of point in Telugu language.